Home

why not use the blueprint from 2k11?

This is a discussion on why not use the blueprint from 2k11? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
why not use the blueprint from 2k11?

2k11 was perfect why didnt the use the blueprint to make 2k12 and 13.The gameplay and control felt so real 2k13 feels like ur on skates.they keep regressing every year what the hell is going on 2k?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: why not use the blueprint from 2k11?

I agree to an extent. Out of the box, 2k13 is trash. And this is coming from a long time fan. With sliders, it plays better but I simply believe that 2K shot themselves in the foot with the addition of all the new ratings and tendencies since 2K11. Each time something gets fixed, another aspect gets destroyed. ie: fastbreaks. With all the tendencies, coaching tendencies, abilities, ratings, sliders and dynamic in-game boost, its literally impossible to find a good balance. To top that off, they are many different play styles depending on the user. Fighting with the control stick in relation with your player is tough as ever this year.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

They're over workings themselves they have the perfect base yet they want to insert this un needed stuff
Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman773
2k11 was perfect why didnt the use the blueprint to make 2k12 and 13.The gameplay and control felt so real 2k13 feels like ur on skates.they keep regressing every year what the hell is going on 2k?
I don't get the skates feeling. As much as everyone loves 2k11, this is a huge improvement. Whenever I go back and play 2k11 I feel like my players are so jerky. Nothing is fluid at all. I feel like a robot playing bball. Don't get me wrong, this game isn't perfect, but I personally think the 2k11 love fest is mainly due to nostalgia.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm011
I don't get the skates feeling. As much as everyone loves 2k11, this is a huge improvement. Whenever I go back and play 2k11 I feel like my players are so jerky. Nothing is fluid at all. I feel like a robot playing bball. Don't get me wrong, this game isn't perfect, but I personally think the 2k11 love fest is mainly due to nostalgia.

Umm, clearly you didn't take full advantage of NBA 2k11. It is by far the best 2k of any series this console generation. If 2ksports would have used nba 2k11 as a foundation for 2k12 & 2k13, then this game would move alot smoother, and be more fun, but they didnt. They tried to go outside the box. Appealing to all the scrubs, and the general consumers. The "Core Players" can adjust and accept whatever crap they feed us, but to 2k, its always about the bottom line.. and thats quite ironic, seeing as that nba 2k11 was the most successful game they ever released, you would think they would build off of that....

Check out how easy it is to move, shake, and cross your opponent up in 2k11, and tell me you can do the same things in 2k12, or 13....yeah freakin right...HA HAAAAAAAAA(Chris Smoove auto-tune voice)

http://youtu.be/qo4RCTER0KY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

I think 2k13 is the best game yet. I played 2k11 before I picked this up on Black Friday and there is a huge difference.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..GameOver..
I think 2k13 is the best game yet. I played 2k11 before I picked this up on Black Friday and there is a huge difference.

I agree on the huge difference 2k11>2k13 any day of the week. Everything was smooth about that game. 2k13 feels like I'm watching a animation movies at times especially with the dunks. You can put Manute Bol and Shawn Bradley underneath the basket once the dunk animation starts game over.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

2K13 is a step in the right direction, a lot of things are much better than they were in 2K11. Unfortunately, some major things were executed poorly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »