Home

Problem with draft. Please help!

This is a discussion on Problem with draft. Please help! within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Problem with draft. Please help!

Was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem I am with the offseason draft. When I go to the draft the computer teams pick point guards way early and way too often. In some cases I got 2nd round rated point guards being taken ahead of top 10 or lottery guys. Been happening every sim I run. I'm using vtcrb's roster and draft class and he says it is a problem on 2k's end. He said the only way to fix it is to go 30 team control which I would prefer not to do. I was wondering if anyone has found a way around it yet b/c I can't ever recall this problem in years past when I played the game. If anyone can help me or give suggestions I would really appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Problem with draft. Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuhlman1
Was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem I am with the offseason draft. When I go to the draft the computer teams pick point guards way early and way too often. In some cases I got 2nd round rated point guards being taken ahead of top 10 or lottery guys. Been happening every sim I run. I'm using vtcrb's roster and draft class and he says it is a problem on 2k's end. He said the only way to fix it is to go 30 team control which I would prefer not to do. I was wondering if anyone has found a way around it yet b/c I can't ever recall this problem in years past when I played the game. If anyone can help me or give suggestions I would really appreciate it.
The reason for the while 30 user team run Association is to get simulated realistic results in the end. You can't expect the game engine to think and act in a way that we know general managers, players, teams will act. You have to in a better way be the man behind the curtains for all teams, you can still allow the CPU to (your assistants) to run the teams for you, you just have the final say in everything.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Old 12-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Hmmmm... That doesn't happen to my draft?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562
The reason for the while 30 user team run Association is to get simulated realistic results in the end. You can't expect the game engine to think and act in a way that we know general managers, players, teams will act. You have to in a better way be the man behind the curtains for all teams, you can still allow the CPU to (your assistants) to run the teams for you, you just have the final say in everything.
I understand I can still have the computer do everything else for all the teams except the one I want to use. I guess I just would rather work the one team only so I don't feel bad for screwing a team in a trade since I like to do lots of trades lol. I just was wondering if anyone has found a way around it is all. I'm not asking for perfection and would even understand if there are a few really poor draft choices but when I have the 6th-8th best pgs getting picked before Shbazz muhammed and narlens noel it's a problem. And as said, in years past of only doing 1 team control this has never happened to me.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree that the draft logic is completely broken. I ran a fantasy draft with the lengend players replacing the 59 and below rated players. It was the worse draft I've ever seen. The CPU instantly grabs all PGs and Cs and drafts by highest rating afterwards. There was one team that drafted D. Rose, Westbrook and Tony Parker. Plenty of teams had multiple 80+ rated Centers like Ewing and David Robinson being on the same team. It was atrocious. I did the same thing in 2K12 with no problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
Hmmmm... That doesn't happen to my draft?
Which roster and class do you use?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Which roster and class do you use?
I do testing so many rosters and my own draft class .
Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

There is no Easy Solution for your issue. Just like the gentlemen stated earlier same thing happens to him even when he added Legends into Fantasy Draft. You also stated you had altered Potentials and some Overalls with the Draft Class, not sure how much you did but that could also have a Bearing on your Draft results. Try running a Sim Draft without Altering anything from My Draft Class and see if you get same results. I am Betting you will get the Same result. What I believe 2k Has done is put a HIGHER Drafting Priority in PG's.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »