Home

Move up to Superstar or change sliders?

This is a discussion on Move up to Superstar or change sliders? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Rookie

thedoob's Arena

OVR: 9
Move up to Superstar or change sliders?

I'm currently playing on All-Star in an offline Association with a re-tooled Nets Team. My starters:

D Williams

M. Thornton

R. Gay

D. Arthur

D. Favors

I know, i know. Pretty beastly starting group. My bench consists of mostly defensive guys, but I'm dominating games and it's getting stale. I play with mkharsh's sliders(If you play offline As check him out) and I just don't get a challenge. So should step up to superstar or switch up some sliders?

Any advice would be appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Move up to Superstar or change sliders?

Switch them up a little. The jump from all-star to superstar can be big. I know I did when I went from Rookie to All-star. XD
Old 12-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Rookie

thedoob's Arena

Big reason I'm staying away from Superstar is the accuracy on shot releases. Big jump that I don't know if I can handle
Old 12-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
Big deference from all star to super star. took me a while adjusting sliders but I finally have a feast playing experience

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 4

Yeah I had the same issue with mkharsh slider set. I would blow the cpu out every game no matter what team I was playing.

Eccentric sliders are amazing. If you get a chance, check out his slider set. Only sliders that give me a challenge from start to finish.

As far a realistic gameplay, pro/allstar is better. Pro is a little easy for most, even with cpu having a huge advantage with sliders. Allstar gets just enough of a boost that makes the game a challenge.

Superstar/HOF this is where all tbe BS comes. Weird things start to happen here. CPU is beatable though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
Rookie

thedoob's Arena

Thanks dude I'll check his sliders out.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pro/Sim is challenging when you play the better teams but will start feeling a little easy over time but is by far the most realistic setting.

All-Star gives the CPU a slight boost to make the game a little more challenging

Superstar gives the CPU a huge boost where they capitalize on your every mistake due to the CPU offensive awareness is through the roof if you play mistake free basketball this level can be conquered.

HOF is the equivalent of god mode. Every player for the CPU plays like an all star and superstars play like Mike.

I am using the default sliders currently. I feel that sim gives players a defensive advantage due to the contact sliders being so high. I play on superstar default real fg%.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Rookie

thedoob's Arena

I've been rolling on All Star with sim sliders since day one, it's what I have always played on. I play a little faster than most(game speed 60) but haven't found a challenge even against the best teams. The Lakers can give me trouble with their size, but I still win comfortably.

So now I'm gonna fool around with eccentric's sliders, and if that still doesn't work then I'm making the jump.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »