Home

Trying to create the triangle offense playbook

This is a discussion on Trying to create the triangle offense playbook within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7
Trying to create the triangle offense playbook

So i want to run a triangle based offense in 2k i know that most of the bulls plays from the 90's are in the game so i added those are they any other plays i should add as well?? i need about ten more plays to add.
NRL:New Zealand Warriors

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Trying to create the triangle offense playbook

http://www.operationsports.com/taild...-offense-2k13/
Old 12-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for the link.
I think this year another important thing could be modify it's the initiate game.
You can choose your player to initiate the game like Odom or James and it is really good, thanks 2k. But i don't know if it is Jordan or Pippen who should better initiate the game?

And other thing, i found a really good triangle system. It is difficult to use because it is 2 strategy in the same offense. For exemple, 12 quick iso for Harper and 12 quick iso for Jordan. Or, 13 quick up inversed or to finish, 12 swing post for Kukoc and 13 quick up for Harper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-hmty8uuGk
Watch the video with Music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S45cJwBkmA8
All this action have been realized in HOF but not the last one (pro).
I searched to compose 2 systems because i don't think other system are in other team i would like to work the system give in the beginning.

I am sure that it lakes some system, for exemple for Horace Grant you can see that 2k give a priority in second position High Post, but it correspond to any system, or cutter for Pippen, it's absurd because there is no cutter strategy.... there is a mystery

nevertheirless i'm happy to find the system of the video i'm still not able to win in HOF due to those system but i can say you that AI is really disturbing when it works, it is magic!!!

Last edited by PJBrownHeat; 12-01-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think it's pretty easy to create loosely-based Triangle action by just calling Quick plays, too.

Use the Quick Post to put your best player in Post up position as you're bringing the ball upcourt. A wing player should automatically go to the strongside corner. From there, you can either pass directly into the post, or to your corner player (and from there into the post). When the ball is in your post player's hands, call a Quick Isolation. The corner man and player near the top of the key will now cut past your post player. From there, you can either work the isolated post player, or pass it out if a double comes from the guys defending the cutters.

There are any number of combinations you can run just from that single action.

Last edited by yourfavestoner; 12-01-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBrownHeat
Thanks for the link.
I think this year another important thing could be modify it's the initiate game.
You can choose your player to initiate the game like Odom or James and it is really good, thanks 2k. But i don't know if it is Jordan or Pippen who should better initiate the game?

And other thing, i found a really good triangle system. It is difficult to use because it is 2 strategy in the same offense. For exemple, 12 quick iso for Harper and 12 quick iso for Jordan. Or, 13 quick up inversed or to finish, 12 swing post for Kukoc and 13 quick up for Harper.

I searched to compose 2 systems because i don't think other system are in other team i would like to work the system give in the beginning.

I am sure that it lakes some system, for exemple for Horace Grant you can see that 2k give a priority in second position High Post, but it correspond to any system, or cutter for Pippen, it's absurd because there is no cutter strategy.... there is a mystery

nevertheirless i'm happy to find the system of the video i'm still not able to win in HOF due to those system but i can say you that AI is really disturbing when it works, it is magic!!!
How do you choose who to initiate the offense and how do you know who is able to initiate it? Does this have anything to do with those plays that have (B) or (S) at the end of their names? If not, do you know what they are for?

Yeah, the cutting intelligence of the AI leaves much to be desired. The Lakers ran that play quite a lot when Phil Jackson was there and Kobe would usually cut to the rim and finish with a layup. You could try increasing the backdoor cut tendency OR dribbling with the high post player towards the cutter OR use the quick play to get him to cut to the rim OR use the RS to achieve the same thing OR you could start the play, then quickly switch to the cutter, so that you are playing off ball player lock with him, and then you can decide whether it's best to take a jumpshot or to cut to the rim for a layup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBrownHeat
Thanks for the link.

Pippen & Kukoc should be the initiators. Jordan was the strong side forward in the offense. Pippen was the "push" or "lead" guard in the triangle. Also change everyone's "Touches" tendency to 20-25. Call Plays at the "moment of truth" too.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
Rookie

But Payton or Stockton or other PG will defend on Pippen.
Pippen.
Marc Jackson defended on Pippen in 98.

I will try to change touches to 20-25 but i call every strategy, i don't play in auto play calling so tell me if it's change something nevertheirless i'm curious about that.

and sorry but 13 quick up was a strategy often used so it is impossible to remove this strategy.

In my video a lot of jumpshot are successed thanks to this strategy. Just a difference i do this strategy in the inverse.

@yourfavestoner

13 quick up for Buechler and a second for pippen, pippen goes backdoor!!
Call a 41 up and don't make the pass at the end, becareful, make the pass to the post at the moment of the backdoor.
I think we have to play with a 2 TV, one for the game and another for a real game of the bulls and try to find each offense, each substitution, each Defense, each time out.

Last edited by PJBrownHeat; 02-27-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
Pippen & Kukoc should be the initiators. Jordan was the strong side forward in the offense. Pippen was the "push" or "lead" guard in the triangle. Also change everyone's "Touches" tendency to 20-25. Call Plays at the "moment of truth" too.
31 cross up was a play for the moment of truth in the end of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »