Home

Be a Pro Unplayable

This is a discussion on Be a Pro Unplayable within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-25-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Be a Pro Unplayable

Does anyone actually play BaP? I am someone who normally only plays BaGM and sims the games, but the idea of being a player all the way from the CHL caught my attention, so I thought I would try it out.

If there is anyone who plays this and actually enjoys it, please give me some pointers on how it can be entertaining, and not just annoying.

From the extremly long time it takes just to complete one game, to the fact that your teammates have the hockey skill and knowledge of a novice 11 team. I just cant seem to understand how this can be fun.

I would like to enjoy it, but it seems impossible. Like I said, if someone has found ways to enjoy this game option, let me know because the idea itself is good, but the application of the idea, horrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Be a Pro Unplayable

Can't play as Goalie. CPU doesn't score for you. ALLLLLL my games are 1-0 or 2-1. Not once have I had 2 goal lead. CPU has miracle goals at end of games from 2 on 1 breaks. I'm 33-3-1 online in EASHL as a Goalie so it sure in heck isn't me that's the problem. Tried all strats too.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Storm12's Arena

Be a pro is messed up because of the weird AI, even if you do everything right the computer will make dumb mistakes... Oddly enough for me I never have a problem with BAP, I guess it's the way I play the game.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm12
Be a pro is messed up because of the weird AI, even if you do everything right the computer will make dumb mistakes...
I could handle the odd dumb mistake, thats just hockey, but its the defense men that really drive me up the wall. They always have a outlet pass available, and then they just turn around, skate right into the corner and lose the puck.

Or the winger that will take it wide (good so far) only to take it so wide that he skates (again with the corner) right into the corner, and either loses the wall battle, or get hit and loses the puck outright.

If they would allow us to play as the team, even if only on our players shifts, it would fix all these problems. Do they think people will just maximaize their own players points if they controled the whole line? Everyone does that anyways, but at least we could get some honest assists. Now all I did was shoot every chance, because passing the puck is just a automatic turnover.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Rookie

peter21's Arena

I want to love the BAP mode, and in theory it could be a lot of fun, but... it's just not. I made it about a week this year trying the mode before moving on.

The expectations the team places on you can be a bit unrealistic, there's no AI planning that goes into where you're slotted into the lineup and there's just not enough depth to the mode. There should be non-game pieces to this mode, either in training, practice, etc. or how you spend your off-season that effect your player. There needs to be more meat to get you invested in your pro and career. While it's kind of cool to see where you get drafted out of the CHL, there should be something where you're in the arena, waiting your turn to get called up to the podium, putting on the jersey... even some options to respond to the press about your selection. Just small details that would go a long way to making the mode better.

Next generation consoles might be able to provide the depth this mode needs, but as it is, it's a nice concept that's not implemented very well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Storm12's Arena

Everyone should just do what 2K does, and apply it to their own brand... Problem solved!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
Just started!

Hawks_in_6's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't tried it yet thos year but in NHL 9 and 10 (last games I bought before this year) you could play as your position (say Center) and use every line.

Did they take this option out, and why?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Storm12's Arena

They wanted to make it more like madden's be a pro mode, and from 07 on you always played as one player instead of trying to make your player the recipient of assist and such, that is my guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »