Home

I always have at least 5 defensive players leading in tackle for losses

This is a discussion on I always have at least 5 defensive players leading in tackle for losses within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I always have at least 5 defensive players leading in tackle for losses

None of the cpu players come close to mine in TFL statistics. I couldn't be the only one having this problem am I?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I always have at least 5 defensive players leading in tackle for losses

Yea I have that problem too. Waaaay too many TFLs. Most of them come when the CPU tries those outside runs and pitch plays which fail 8 out of 10 times. Don't forget that sacks also count as tackles for loss so that inflates your TFL column as well.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

I have the problem regarding none of my defensive players showing up in the "NFL" statistics overlay to be able to compare their stats to the rest of the league. Attention to detail is a killer for this franchise.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah, even as bad as my team is doing against the run, they are picking up TFL. Looks so funny to have a back hit you for 170 but still racked up runs for losses.

Seems to be a part of the fail or success, instead of degrees of success with the occasional fail.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

It's a sim engine problem The sim engine puts up too many scores (particularly passing scores) and too few tackles for loss.

You just have to look at your game play overall. If you are holding all the RBs you play against to less than 3.0 ypc there is no surprise you would have these high tackle for loss stats. You need to beef up the CPU running game to decrease the frequency of TFL. This will help, but not fix the underlying issue.

I have the CPU run game very strong, and finished the first season somewhere around 22 against the run, yet I still have comparatively too many tackles for loss as well. Game play is well balanced with regard to the run, so I will have to live with the stat inaccuracies, just as I have to live with simmed scores of 52-45 every week.

EA needs to fix the sim stats plain and simple. Add it to the list.

Hope for patch #4.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »