Home

NBA classic hoops 2k14...

This is a discussion on NBA classic hoops 2k14... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
Rookie

mrbigshot's Arena

OVR: 1
NBA classic hoops 2k14...

Okay, so I had a thought just sprout in my mind, and although it is a relatively raw idea, I think it would work wonders for 2k. Since many of us appreciate classic roster incorporated into the 2k series, and we absolutely love playing the game, Why can't 2k create a separate series and gear it specifically to classic rosters? So we would have the official NBA 2k that comes out on release date...and just have a specific year in history that most would appreciate and work on one of those every year. Just put in the same engine as the regular 2k game same everything except rosters and such...maybe some different game modes. THAT would make me SO inclined to make me purchase...especially if it were only 20-30 bucks. I mean, if we're not going to get college hoops why not create another iteration of a whole new series?

thinka bout it...

playing with the 1995-1996 roster with all the new techonology and maybe even some cool new features separate from NBA 2k14? or even make it completely different than 2k except for the physics and realism/simulation...it would have everything from association mode to blacktop and authentic courts of that time and rosters...I mean it would GIVE 2k so much space to simply just focus on classic rosters instead of jamming everything in one disc and making some fans disappointed cause they left some critical element of "classic" teams out. Or...we could have a double disk...one is the standard nba 2k and the other is classic mode.

would it be marketable? YES. especially the older generation..

would it sell? yes!

and the year after that...we could have the 1988-1989 season....or 1979-1980. hell we could even go back to the 70's and early 60's.

I'd love to 2k do that. I'd buy it for sure.

please 2k consider this. or a variant of that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: NBA classic hoops 2k14...

I`d buy it for 60 dolars! Regular price tag.
NBA today does not appeal to me and I only buy 2K games because of classic teams. The day classic teams are not part of 2K games anymore is the day I`ll stop buying it.
The 86-87 season (Jabbah, Dr J, Bird, Magic, Jordan, Barkley, all of them were playing at this time) the 87-88 season, the 91-92 season or the 93-93 season are the years IŽd love the most to see incorporated in a 2k classic hoop`s game.
Listen up, 2K!!!!!The fans want it!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:45 AM   #3
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
I`d buy it for 60 dolars! Regular price tag.
NBA today does not appeal to me and I only buy 2K games because of classic teams. The day classic teams are not part of 2K games anymore is the day I`ll stop buying it.
The 86-87 season (Jabbah, Dr J, Bird, Magic, Jordan, Barkley, all of them were playing at this time) the 87-88 season, the 91-92 season or the 93-93 season are the years IŽd love the most to see incorporated in a 2k classic hoop`s game.
Listen up, 2K!!!!!The fans want it!
My friend here speaks the truth!

I'd pay top game dollar for this. Forget today's weak sauce NBA, I want the 80's and 90's to relive!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:04 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

It would be a nightmare financially for 2K to do this, and it wouldn't sell to the masses.

It's on my Dream's list, but it will never happen, might as well save up for the pc version, and relive it through those guys mods.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

At least 2K should keep up with the good work on classic squads. There are some teams that I still wish to play with like the 87/88 Jazz (so beautiful arena...) the 87/88 or 92/93 Sonics, 87/88 Mavericks, 92/93 or 90/91 Suns (if Barkley does not agree on a deal again : ((( or any Pacers team, even without Reggie Miller would be fine too.
Man, 2k ought to add those teams, they are timeless!
I wish they were in 2K14, I don`t want it as a download pack because i`d love to keep it for years to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Classic squads would be cool...BUT if 2K is gonna venture outside of NBA basketball...it should focus ONLY on College 2k14. I get so jealous watching PC modders and their CHoops rosters ...lol
Old 11-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #7
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
Classic squads would be cool...BUT if 2K is gonna venture outside of NBA basketball...it should focus ONLY on College 2k14. I get so jealous watching PC modders and their CHoops rosters ...lol
Sure thing ^!!!
#CollegeHoops2k13
---------
I guess this concept would be like a 29.99 games because not to many people would buy this for 60 bucks except those Gus who buy line every game like Behindshadows
Old 11-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

f****** all classic on college teams.I want fiba teams more.With correct rosters,maybe arenas from different countries, stats,uniforms,now generetic faces.Now for that i would pay 40 pounds

But most off all i would like new commentary team and new lines not those that we hear 3-4 years in a row

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »