Home

Have Any of You Been Screwed by the Refs?

This is a discussion on Have Any of You Been Screwed by the Refs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 32
Have Any of You Been Screwed by the Refs?

The last game I played, the refs screwed me over so bad. I was #4 Purdue playing at unranked Ohio State. The last time I played OSU, I won 30-0. Has anything like this happened to you?

-I had a defensive TD called back only to have the CPU score a TD later on that drive.
-The CPU had 2 pass interference penalties not called that led to interceptions (I know PIs never are called, but these were BLATANT). I was driving the ball both times, got picked when there should have been a PI. Then, the CPU scores a TD both times after the INT.
-I had a kick return TD called back.
-I had numerous 10+ yard runs called back after BS holding penalties. Usually this happened on BACK-TO-BACK plays. Yeah, a 20 yard run turned into 1st and 30... several times.
-I sacked the QB on 3rd down twice only to have a facemask penalty (which I cannot control) give them a first both times. The CPU then proceeded to score a TD on both drives.
-Then there were many more penalties. They weren't detrimental to the game, but there were more holdings on kick offs and drives as well. An offsides penalty from when the CPU went no huddle and my DE couldn't get back, etc.

All of this happened in the 2ND AND 3RD QUARTERS! I had to quit before the 4th even started because I have never felt so cheated when playing a video game. I am in year 5 of my dynasty and have yet to have a problem with penalties. It was 59-14 after the 3rd.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21

Last edited by LHSLax_D24; 11-21-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Have Any of You Been Screwed by the Refs?

Twice now, I've had the opposition catch passes where their feet clearly are out of bounds. I watch the replay to confirm and even challenge the play. Both catches have been called good.

I also get screwed on fumble challenges all the time too.

Probably the most frustrating one is the lack of holding on the oline. My de will bull rush the lineman only to have the guy pull him down on top of him. You can't tackle my de, that is blatant holding.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 14

So I was playing my Oregon year 1 dynasty vs Arizona. The Arizona qb bombs it and a guy is clearly out of bounds yet they give him the ball all the way on my 40. Then next thing he does it again to the 25 and he was like 5 feet out of bounds. EA needs to fix the challange calls seriously. One time I was in a Cincy dynasty first play I threw it hit off my WR hit the ground clearly and they still called it an INT. SMH EA on challenge calls. C'Mon Man.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
Rookie

jhendricks316's Arena

OVR: 32

Yes. The replay review process is horrible.
Detroit Lions
Yale Bulldogs
Detroit Pistons
Old 11-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

The challenge system was worse in 2012 version. This year's is still bad. Game called phatom pass interferance on the their last drive so they could win the game. I have seen some bad fumbles too where guys knees were down. The game's ref make the replacement refs look good.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I threw a TD where I got 4 feet in and it was ruled OB I challenged and it was upheld.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

I will try to draw the defense offsides, and the defensive ends will jump and be in the neutral zone as I snap the ball, but no flag is thrown. Ticks me off
Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Many times when I get a big run it gets called back by holdings. I have also had quite a few catches by the CPU that were clearly out of bounds that I challenged and they didn't reverse the call. I don't get why they even have challenges in the game. It is a video game, and the calls should automatically be correct. I can understand how some people may like the realism of showing a review on a close play and possibly having it overturned, but challenges could definitely be left out.

The worst call I have had was on a fairly crucial 3rd and 3. I hiked the ball and at the same instance it popped up that there was a flag on the play. I ran the ball off an option with my qb and it opened up and outran everyone for about a 40 yd TD, but of course the flag was for holding and I ended up with a 3rd and 13. Getting a holding call in that situation isn't that big of a deal, but the flag was thrown the instance that I hiked the ball, like I was just meant to get set back on the play no matter what happened. I watched the replay and of course the guy that got called for holding barely even touched a defender and it showed no animation of a holding like you normally see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »