Home

Show player names when playing 2K13 online?

This is a discussion on Show player names when playing 2K13 online? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question Show player names when playing 2K13 online?

I've played three matches online on the PS3, all which I lost, because it only shows my PSN ID and my opponents PSN ID under the players instead of the player's names. When I watch YouTube videos of people playing the game online, they all have player names and not their gamertag or PSN ID, but I find no option anywhere to change it for me. I don't know what everyone else is doing, or why it's doing this for me, but I don't really know who's who on any team just by their number and I can't decipher the range indicator under the players quick enough to be able to know who can shoot from where... so 99% of my points (or lack of) come from in the paint, and that makes playing pretty difficult for me.

Does anyone know how I can change it to show the player names when I play Quick Rank matches online? I've consulted both Google and Bing and nothing anywhere tells me how to fix this problem, or has any mention of anyone else anywhere having this same problem.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Show player names when playing 2K13 online?

thats why you lose all your online games eh?

doubt it.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
thats why you lose all your online games eh?

doubt it.
Yes, actually. Two of my three games have been within 4 points with me leading the whole first half, mind you. It's because I don't know who's who so I shoot 3's with everybody trying to find out who can and can't do it, because in a quick paced online game I can't take the time decipher the range meter under the players because the ball either gets stolen or I'm no longer open for a shot. If I knew the names of the players I'd at least know a little bit of who can shoot and who can't. The only players I really know by number off-hand are Kobe, Nash, Carmelo, Tony Parker and Jeremy Lin (and I know Genobli only because of his bald spot). I know at least 3 of them can shoot 3's, maybe Nash can a little bit... if the game would tell me who some other people are who I know can shoot 3's by their name but don't know what number they use, I would be a little better.

Not that I have to defend myself, or give any reason at all... all I'm asking is if someone knows how to get my game to show player names when I play the game online.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #4
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissance247
Yes, actually. Two of my three games have been within 4 points with me leading the whole first half, mind you. It's because I don't know who's who so I shoot 3's with everybody trying to find out who can and can't do it, because in a quick paced online game I can't take the time decipher the range meter under the players because the ball either gets stolen or I'm no longer open for a shot. If I knew the names of the players I'd at least know a little bit of who can shoot and who can't. The only players I really know by number off-hand are Kobe, Nash, Carmelo, Tony Parker and Jeremy Lin (and I know Genobli only because of his bald spot). I know at least 3 of them can shoot 3's, maybe Nash can a little bit... if the game would tell me who some other people are who I know can shoot 3's by their name but don't know what number they use, I would be a little better.

Not that I have to defend myself, or give any reason at all... all I'm asking is if someone knows how to get my game to show player names when I play the game online.
its not that hard bro. each button on the icon passing is assigned to a specific position. just know what position your players are and hit the right button to pass it to them. also you should be able to tell which player is which just by looking at them, but maybe you dont really know a lot about nba players so i wont judge.

but to answer your original question, no i dont think there is a way to make the players name show up online.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
its not that hard bro. each button on the icon passing is assigned to a specific position. just know what position your players are and hit the right button to pass it to them. also you should be able to tell which player is which just by looking at them, but maybe you dont really know a lot about nba players so i wont judge.

but to answer your original question, no i dont think there is a way to make the players name show up online.
That's weird that there's not a way, because there's not a single YouTube video I've come across of 2K13 being played online where it shows the person's gamertag or PSN ID while playing... just the player names. So there has to be some way to do it. It's pretty frustrating. But thanks for your input, I appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #6
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissance247
That's weird that there's not a way, because there's not a single YouTube video I've come across of 2K13 being played online where it shows the person's gamertag or PSN ID while playing... just the player names. So there has to be some way to do it. It's pretty frustrating. But thanks for your input, I appreciate it.
when i play online i always see psn id's under the players.

but like i said, just use icon passing and you'll be able to get it to the players you want. x is pg, o is sg, square is sf, triangle is pf and L1 is center.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:54 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
when i play online i always see psn id's under the players.

but like i said, just use icon passing and you'll be able to get it to the players you want. x is pg, o is sg, square is sf, triangle is pf and L1 is center.
That is really helpful, thanks. I'll keep it in mind.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #8
Rookie

xRobertitox's Arena

OVR: 4

You say you can't tell people apart like you were playing on your iPhone... dude, learn your team, the players don't look alike.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »