Home

Play calling messed up?

This is a discussion on Play calling messed up? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Play calling messed up?

Hey guys, i'm new to this game, but i've played the ones from before. I used to press the left control pad to call for a quick play like a screen, but this years it doesn't seem to work. They just stand around when I call for a screen.

Is there something i'm missing? Is this a bug?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Play calling messed up?

You mean the off-ball control (set picks, get open etc.)? I used to love it since 2K8, but it doesn't exist anymore. You can hold the L1 (LB, I think) for a pick, or press it and choose the player's icon to run a play for...or you can do the same - but hold the icon to choose a specific player to set a pick.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

Last edited by youvalss; 11-17-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
You mean the off-ball control (set picks, get open etc.)? I used to love it since 2K8, but it doesn't exist anymore. You can hold the L1 (LB, I think) for a pick, or press it and choose the player's icon to run a play for...or you can do the same - but hold the icon to choose a specific player to set a pick.
Yeah, I think that's what it is. Where i'm playing a PG and I call for a screen play for the SG or SF to get open for a 3 pt. That's not in it anymore? That sucks. Why did they take it out?

Is there a substitute for that method? I can't play without it. I get my butt owned in this game.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Yeah, I think that's what it is. Where i'm playing a PG and I call for a screen play for the SG or SF to get open for a 3 pt. That's not in it anymore? That sucks. Why did they take it out?

Is there a substitute for that method? I can't play without it. I get my butt owned in this game.
You can hit LB (on 360), press the button of the player you want to move, then move the right stick in the direction that you want him to make his cut. This might do the same thing, but not as elegantly.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)
Old 11-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnerwlf98
You can hit LB (on 360), press the button of the player you want to move, then move the right stick in the direction that you want him to make his cut. This might do the same thing, but not as elegantly.
THANKS! Im going to try that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Good luck...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »