Home

Best underated players to use

This is a discussion on Best underated players to use within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best underated players to use

To clarify thee title, I mean who are the best players you have found on nhl 13 that seem to play much better then their rating?

One guy i have found is Mason Raymond, it seems he hovers around 79-83 for an overall rating but he has a decent shot and is lighting fast!

In nhl 12 there was a winger named Brandon McMillan ( i think he plays for the ducks farm team in real life) who is a power forward with the best acceleration in the game (98 or something) but I can't find him in nhl 13. I'm sure they didn't have that rating on him this time around though.

Has anyone found some gems?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Best underated players to use

Mason Raymond - can easily lose the puck....

anyway...for me, Erik Christensen. picked up from FA. very high in face-off and decent defensive awareness and i put him in line 3 and in PK. then i moved him with Benn and Erickson (of Dallas) as their "C" and he complemented them with goals and assist.

another one is Ales Kranjc....i assigned him to Free Agency from Europe league (forgot which one) and picked him up for my AHL team since Dallas has no decent D-man in their farm. due to injuries, promoted him to NHL and assigned in Defense line 2 and since he has decent-above average shot, put him as well in PP. to my surprise, he's one of my top D-man in points.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
Pro

dubbs88's Arena

OVR: 6

Scott Parse for the Kings is money for me. Pretty fast with around 86 speed.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Jan Mursak. Not sure what team he originally played for, but in the second year of our Gm connected, the guy is like 90 for all shooting attributes, 97 deke, 90 passing etc, and only like an 82 overall. Also in the high 80s/low90s for speed/acceleration and Puck control.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I use Nashville in an online GM league. 5'9" Ryan Ellis is performing far above his 72 overall rating. His spd/agl/acc are 85 and his puck skills are low 80s, but most of his physical & defensive ratings are in the 70s. However, not only is great retrieving the puck on dump-ins and skating it out of trouble, his quickness helps him defend surprisingly well. I even sneak in a few nasty hipchecks now & then. To top it off, he has 4* potential, so he should develop well if we keep playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Mayson Raymond is a good pick up, I have had him as my top 6 back-up player for a few seasons now as he can fit into most situations because of his speed. he is also a great PK player.

One guy that I found (i believe in the FA class of 2014) is Mario Kempe. Nothing special about him, is a 78-81 grinder, not very big, but has great hands. His puck control, deking and passing are way better than a 78 grinder should have, and his shot is very decent as well.

Due to injuries, he has at times been placed in a top 6 role, and he puts up some pretty good numbers. Super good value guy, as he only costs about 1.5 million. Put him with a decent center, and he will get you 15-20 goals, and 35-50 pts. Not bad for a 1.5 million dollar grinder.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19

My personal favorite is Jared Spurgeon of the Wild. He's only 77 overall but has great speed as well as a decent shot. I actually moved him up to the first pairing with Suter in my GMC league and he has more than held his own. His offensive abilities compliment the defensive-minded Suter perfectly. Another bonus is that he has 4 star potential at the age of 22 so there's plenty of room to develop if you're playing GMC or an offline BaGM.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
Rookie

redslumber's Arena

Any small+fast player to be honest lol. Guys like Raymond, Briere, are lightning fast and enjoyable to play with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »