Home

My Bobcats franchise!

This is a discussion on My Bobcats franchise! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
My Bobcats franchise!

Hi guys. I got Nba 2k13 for PC and I am currently using Slimm44's great roster. I do not like associations where it gets too easy. So I decided to take the worst team in the roster: the Bobcats.
I decided to do a few trades and signings before starting the season:

1) I signed Delonte West (2 yrs/5,15 Mio. $) to bolster my backcourt.
2) I traded Matt Carroll and Byron Mullens to Houston for a 2014 2nd round pick since I did not plan to use either one of them.
3) Since my backcourt was quite overstaffed after the Delonte West signing and I recognized a lack of viable frontcourt options I traded Jeff Taylor to the Hornets and got Hakim Warrick and Roger Mason in return.

My rotation currently looks like this:
PG - D. West (PG/SG)
SG - R. Sessions (PG/SG)
SF - M. Kidd-Gilchrist (SG/SF)
PF - H. Warrick (PF/C)
C - B. Haywood (C)
6 - B. Gordon (SG/PG)
7 - R. Williams (SF/SG)
8 - T. Thomas (PF/SF) * currently injured, but able to play
9 - B. Biyombo (C/PF)
10 - G. Henderson (SG/SF)
11 - R. Mason (SG/SF) * doesn't get regular minutes
12 - K. Walker (PG) * doesn't get regular minutes
** - C. Figgins (SG/SF)

My first three games were all losses, sadly.

1) CHA vs. IND 90:92. I was doing quite good, much better than I thought. Sessions and Gordon were strong from outside, combining for eight 3s. Haywood had 9, Thomas had 8 and Henderson had 7 Rebs. I had 7 blocks, 3 coming from Brendan Haywood. Indiana's best player clearly was George Hill, not only going for 24 points, but also killing me with a buzzer-beater to win the game for IND. I was able to limit Granger to 18 points on shooting only 8-22. David West was ineffective offensively, he only had 6 points on 6 shots, but he was strong on the boards with 11 rebounds. Hibbert and Granger each had 9. I made a lot of dumb mistakes that lead to too much turnovers. Paul George was able to steal the ball 6 times alone.

2) CHA vs. DAL 102:109. The game started rough for me. DAL outscored CHA 39-23 in the first quarter. Over the course of the game I was able to settle in and my defense was coming along. With 3 minutes left I was able to tie the game at 96:96. But after that the Mavs started a comeback and outscored me 13:6 in the last 3 minutes. Ben Gordon had 23 points (10-15) for me, Ramond Sessions was stable again, going for 21 points and 10 assists. Delonte West was able to go for 15 points, 4 rebounds and 6 assists in only 17 minutes of work (he was 7th man until after this game). Haywood had another 9 rebound night for me, Kidd-Gilchrist added 8 rebounds to his 16 points, Tyrus Thomas had 7 rebounds. Rodrigues Beaubois was my gravedigger. He was unstoppable: 35 points on 13-22 (8-13 3-pointers). Carter had 20 points, Nowitzki added 17 points and 17 rebounds. Collison was a big factor for the Mavs, too. He had 7 points, 7 rebounds and 14 assists.

After this I decided to reward West's strong performance and gave him a starting spot and benched Gerald Henderson. I also switched in Hakim Warrick for Tyrus Thomas, since Thomas was slightly injured.

3) CHA vs. PHO 91:100. Rough game again. I was behind nearly all time. I tied it a few times but other than one time in the first I was not able to lead against the Suns. I tried different defensive setups but it always seemed as like the Suns were turning up the heat when I got closer. Delonte West paid off his starting chance with 18 points and 9 assits. Gordon had 17 (but was only 1-11 from 3-point range), Sessions 14 and Kidd-Gilchrist had 13. Haywood went for 10 rebounds, Biyombo had 8, Kidd-Gilchrist and Thomas each had 7. The Suns had 5 players in double figures. Shannon Brown was their leader with 21 points although I was able to limit his production to 9-29. He had 11 rebounds, too. Dragic had 8 assists.

The overall situation:
The games weren't too bad, but I lost all games and I earned it except the first loss vs. IND. Some things became obvious:
1) My backcourt is really good and promising. I have guys who can defend, I have guys who can spread the ball, I have fast guys, and I have at least 3 guys that are a great danger from outside. The addition of Delonte West was a very good signing so far.
2) My frontcourt is good as far as we talk about rebounds and defense. But in the offense we really suck. Kidd-Gilchrist is averaging 15,3 points so far, but he does not play inside very much. When we talk about PF/C Tyrus Thomas leads with 6,0 points - so you get it. I do not get much productions from PF/C so far. The addition of Hakim Warrick didn't help by now. He is averaging only 2,0 points and 3,0 rebounds so far. Reggie Williams is another disappointment for me so far. First he was a little bit injured, but in the last game he was fully healthy again, but he was no factor until now. Bismack Biyombo is shooting .500 right now, after that only West, Gordon and Williams are better than .400. Brendan Haywood and Hakim Warrick are even shooting below .350. I have to do much better shooting the ball. Defensively and especially regarding rebounds I feel fine.

Team stats (league ranking):
Pts for: 94,0 (27)
Pts against: 100,3 (11)
Rebs: 45,7 (7)
Stls: 7,7 (6)
Blks: 4,3 (13)
%: .404 (30)
3pt-%: .377 (16)
FT-%: .767 (17)

I think you see where my problem comes from. Either I have to find a way to do better with my frontcourt or I got to look for upgrades. I could get Kirilenko from the Twolves for Williams and a 2014 2nd round pick and use Kirilenko as a SF/PF. Otherwise I do not know which players I should give up to upgrade PF/C especially regarding offense. When looking at FAs the only two FAs that I would have small interest in are Mehmet Okur or Craig Smith. But I do not like their defense. I could get Glen Davis from the Magic for a draft-pick, too, but I do not like his contract. Or I could go for Lavoy Allen for 2 draft picks. But I do not think he would be a clear upgrade. Another option would be trading Haywood and a 2nd round pick to the Bulls for Nazr Mohammed and Radmanovic. As far as I would like to have Mohammeds A- in points inside I would not like to give away Haywood and his D. Last chance would be going for Demarcus Cousins. I could get him (and Honeycutt) for a 2013 1st round pick and Brendan Haywood.
Any thoughts?

Last edited by wudl83; 11-12-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: My Bobcats franchise!

You should have kept Bryon Mullens he is a terrific scoring option who can develop. I think he has like a 92 mid range rating or 88.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

What's the reasoning behind Delonte over Kemba?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamNewton
Yeah Kemba over the bipolar thug any day. I actually don't mind delonte at all I just been wanting to use that. Seriously though Kemba can get u 20 n 8 easy.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity
You should have kept Bryon Mullens he is a terrific scoring option who can develop. I think he has like a 92 mid range rating or 88.
Yah maybe, as I said I did not want to play him very much. So I decided to part ways. I know he has potential, but my whole team has potential. Why should I keep a young player that I do not want to use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamNewton
Slimm's calculated ratings.
West is nearly as fast as Walker, shoots the ball better and is a way better defender. As I said I do not use the standard 2k roster, Slimm's ratings are different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
Banned

CUTigers2324's Arena

OVR: 8

There is no reason Kemba should be on reserve...he's one of the better point guards in the game (and, incidentally, way, way younger and better than Delonte). If you're not going to use him, trade him for a first round pick or a better front court player (you ought to be able to pull in someone pretty good for a PG the caliber of Kemba).

Ramon Sessions is a pass-first, facilitating point guard who is not a particularly good shooter (in game, he's just streaky IRL)...why's he starting at SG?

I love Jeff Taylor and would have never traded him...but, I think you're basically on the right track. Keep rebuilding!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers2324
There is no reason Kemba should be on reserve...he's one of the better point guards in the game (and, incidentally, way, way younger and better than Delonte). If you're not going to use him, trade him for a first round pick or a better front court player (you ought to be able to pull in someone pretty good for a PG the caliber of Kemba).

Ramon Sessions is a pass-first, facilitating point guard who is not a particularly good shooter (in game, he's just streaky IRL)...why's he starting at SG?

I love Jeff Taylor and would have never traded him...but, I think you're basically on the right track. Keep rebuilding!
Different questions, same answers.
In Slimm's roster West has a 87 mid range, 81 3-pointer. Sessions has a 88 3-pointer. Kemba Walker has a 68 mid range, 72 3-pointer.
West has 68 defensive awareness and 80 on-ball defense. Sessions has 46 and 69. Walker has 43 and 69.
Walker is faster and the better passer. But I do not profit from a great passer when I have noone who can shoot the ball.

I know, in reality it would be different. But it is a game.

To be honest I got no clue where Slimm's rating come from in detail. But is by far the best roster for PC out there.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
Banned

CUTigers2324's Arena

OVR: 8

No doubt - I play Andrew Goudelock significant minutes in my 'Cats franchise...it's just a game, have fun with it!

I'm just saying, I'm sure in any roster Kemba's a high potential player and, if you're not going to use him, why not trade him for a better front court player?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »