Home

TEW 2013 Announced (+ Dev Journal)

This is a discussion on TEW 2013 Announced (+ Dev Journal) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-10-2012, 02:36 AM   #1

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
TEW 2013 Announced (+ Dev Journal)

I know that some of you (here's lookin at you, Giggas) enjoy the TEW series. The last one released is TEW 2010 - fun, but has it's issues/limitations/age.

Well, TEW 2013 has been announced. The release date is aimed to drop it in December of 2012, and Adam is pretty good about these things.

TEW 2013 Developer's Journal

I'm not going to run down all the new features (with more coming daily) but I will highlight a few and why I think they are huge, amazing, fantabulous and joy inducing. There, to date, are 373 additions/improvements confirmed by Adam.

Umbrella Promotions - While TEW does ship with an amazing and robust universe it is set in (the Cornell-verse), modding is the lifeblood of this game. Death of the Territories from previous TEW incarnations has always been a favored mod by the community. Set in 1988(ish) it still has the territory system active, but it was in name only. Starting in TEW 2013 the territory system can be accurately re-created. This alone made this version a must-buy for me.

Assistant Booker - This feature has people on either side of the fence. Some have been asking for it since the EWR days. Others think it is a big no-no and takes the fun out of the game. Say you have booked the next RAW with a great step forward in your main storylines. You're burnt out, and don't know what to do with the undercard... Ask the assistant booker, and the show will fill itself out. Where possible, the Assistant Booker will use proper tag teams, and will strictly follow face \ heel logic unless the promotion does not have a disposition split.

User Image - The way you run the promotion now matters. You can check yours via a point on the graph. One axis runs from "Feared" to "Inspires Loyalty" where the other axis runs from "Velvet Gloves" to "Iron Fist".

Contract Negotiations/Upgrades - If you have a TV show, you will be more attractive. There are now instant offers (no waiting days to see if they'll negotiate with you), which means that you can try to entice someone that normally wouldn't talk to your promotion with a big offer. They also have Brock Lesnar-type contracts, non-compete clauses in written contracts, and more.

All in all, TEW 2013 looks to be a huge step forward. Check out the dev journal linked earlier if the game interests you. Can't wait for this one to drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: TEW 2013 Announced (+ Dev Journal)

I still remember the notes I would make in TEW 2004 (I think it was) about my TNA universe. Dixie should have hired me. Will be following this one.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've been playing since the EWR days but I am pumped about this one. I think there advancements made after what seemed like a lengthy layoff since the last one are huge. It is just more evidence that sports games need two to three years to make significant improvement.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Looking forward to this, I still play TEW10 and MMA 3.

Big fan of running my own promotions.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Just read through all the Dev Journals. Independent Sleaze? Awesome! Can't wait for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Rookie

DarkOutFront's Arena

OVR: 11

I am so excited for this.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I've already figured out how I'm going to run my dynasty here on OS.So excited for 13!

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 11-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Love all the little improvements to booking. Like the Battle Royal specific notes especially.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »