Home

did they remove the bumping in this game?

This is a discussion on did they remove the bumping in this game? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
did they remove the bumping in this game?

hi all ive noticed lately since they updated the courts that it has been harder to play defense especially against driving guards. used to be when you cut them off u get the bumping animation but now they just go by you with the "hook" animation everytime. its also easier for me as i just turbo my way to the basket with the guards everytime.
this wasnt the case before, anyone else notice this or is it just placebo on my part? thanks os fam!!!
just wonderin if they tuned this game without telling us because of all the noobs complaining about how hard it was to drive to the basket and complaining about the bumping animation. smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
No they did not tune the game during those updates. They were art updates and have nothing to do with gameplay.
You've probably changed some settings or sliders or its just a placebo effect.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 11-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: did they remove the bumping in this game?

Speaking of tuning are they going to announce if they are going to "tune" the game?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

dont think any changes has been made to the gameplay yet. well none that i've noticed ...
Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

yea its placebo cuz i still get the bumping on the regular to happen when im on d and so does the cpu. maybe u just getting better at the game or something on offense so u can drive better. duno...

only thing i need gameplay tuning wise tho is to have the cpu chill on offensive rebs, crazy points in paint, cherry picking, and get rid of that horrible slow down run that ur team does down the court after a made basket that leads to the cherry picking and 3/4 court passing. has any tuning even been talked about from the devs?
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
MVP

jayman504's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
yea its placebo cuz i still get the bumping on the regular to happen when im on d and so does the cpu. maybe u just getting better at the game or something on offense so u can drive better. duno...

only thing i need gameplay tuning wise tho is to have the cpu chill on offensive rebs, crazy points in paint, cherry picking, and get rid of that horrible slow down run that ur team does down the court after a made basket that leads to the cherry picking and 3/4 court passing. has any tuning even been talked about from the devs?
Preach on bro.... IF these gets addressed I'll be happy
Old 11-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
No they did not tune the game during those updates. They were art updates and have nothing to do with gameplay.
You've probably changed some settings or sliders or its just a placebo effect.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Definitely the placebo effect. They do need to address the bumping though, in both cases. Sometimes it is ineffective when it should be effective, and vice versa.

Players(CPU especially!!!) shouldn't be able to magically bypass the defense and if a player has a free lane to the rim and gets bumped at the last second, every now and then he'll throw up one of the two animations where they lean back and throw up a two handed layup which ALWAYS ALWAYS misses. Fouls need to be called on more contact shots as well...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »