Home

ATT or Verizon for Cellular Phone Service?

This is a discussion on ATT or Verizon for Cellular Phone Service? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
ATT or Verizon for Cellular Phone Service?

Im with ATT now, my contract is coming up tomorrow and I want the Samsung Galaxy Note II. ATT does not have an exclusive phone that will make me stay with them for another two years this time around.

I know both companies have great 3G coverage so that's a wash.

Right now I am leaning towards Verizon because they have LTE in my area, and looking on their website, seems I get more service for my buck.

Right now I am paying like $60/mnt for 1000 text, 250 MB data, and 400 minutes of talk time. And really, I've never went over text or talk, and ive only went over my data like 3-4 times in two years. Looks like I can get unlimited talk, text, and 300MB of data with Verizon's Share Everything Plan for only $40mnt!

How does Verizon's 4G SIM work? If I break my phone, can I take the SIM card out and put it in a non 4G phone?

Right now I don't see any reason to stay with AT&T unless someone knows something I don't. Which company do you recommend?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Where do you live?

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 11-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
Pro

techhokies's Arena

Re: ATT or Verizon for Cellular Phone Service?

I don't know about ATT, but I used to have verizon and it was great. I just switched to sprint b/c they gave me a huge discount for my place of employment. The coverage just sucks though, I miss Verizon so much. Still would have made the switch though since it saves me more than $30 a month plus I use Wifi so much more than 3g anyways.

So, while it doesn't really answer your question, I would say don't switch to sprint if coverage is important. And compared to Sprint, Verizon's coverage was amazing.

p.s. I didn't know that dropped calls were still an issue since I hadn't had that problem but a few times a year since 2002(when I first switched to Verizon). Now on sprint, I see them happening on a weekly basis.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

Check into which one has better service in your area and better plans to fit your needs. Don't go by what the company websites and literature tell you, check with other people who have the services in your area. AT&T tells me we get service in my town, but the service is extremely hit or miss.
NHL: Colorado Avalanche, Pittsburgh Penguins
NCAA: Air Force Falcons, Penn State Nittany Lions
Old 11-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Depends man

ATT customer service is much worse than Verizon's who is better

Verizon is more expensive, especially their data packages, so check them out to see if thats what you want

Its all your preference man.. You can also use voice and data (email while on calls with ATT phones)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

I've did some research, both Verizon and AT&T has pretty good coverage in my area. Verizon's LTE is very attracting also. I am just going to go with who ever is cheapest and where I get more bang for my buck. I'm headed to a Verizon store now.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

If we were from where you live, we could probably give a better opinion.

I'm with AT&T, because they have better 4GLTE coverage in Birmingham. I was also grandfathered in, so I still have an unlimited data package.

Another contributing factor is that I'm on my parent's contract with them and I pay them what it costs to add me. I give a few extra dollars, so I spend only $40.00 a month for a phone with unlimited everything.

I get over 10mbps wirelessly sitting at my desk at work.

Every network is different. People don't even mention Sprint around here and it's rare you find someone with T-Mobile. It's all AT&T and Verizon. I can agree that AT&T has really horrible customer service for every product they offer, including their internet. It's god awful and frustrating to deal with. Luckily, we rarely have an issue so it's not a problem.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
I have AT&T. My grandfather used to work for Southwestern Bell which eventually turned into AT&T. My family has been with them since the beginning.

I've never had a problem with customer service with AT&T. It seems since I have had my own account since 2008 they are nicer i guess or I'm just lucky.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »