Home

Schnaidt1's NBA 2k13 SIM Sliders

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's NBA 2k13 SIM Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Schnaidt1's NBA 2k13 SIM Sliders

Hello, all.
I have made and posted slider sets the pats 2 years on here, i havent got a great deal of feedback or response from the community but there were always a few people who seemed to enjoy them so i felt good about that. this year i decided i wasnt going to work on a slider set, just wait for bedwordsroys roster and enjoy the game. i have played a few association games as i just mess around waiting for his roster. and i have played way more play now games and games against friends than i ever have. and this has finally caused me to make a slider set. i see all the things my real life opponents were doing to score and what they were doing or trying to do on defense and it just made me so frustrated because its now how you see the game played. I will be honest i caught myself doing some stuff also. the straw that broke the Camels back however was seeing one of my buddies play a game against the CPU and i thought to myself, that is it. i am going to fix this.

so i set out with a few goals.
punish the user for trying do the same stuff all the time. throwing the ball 1/2 way down court on inbound plays and going in for a dunk etc.
punish the guys who just sit there pound the steal button until they steal it.
make the cpu still be competitive without boosting the CPU.

Normally i have always been a all star or superstar kinda guy for sliders. but after reading several other slider sets i decided pro was the way to go this year.

this was very interesting to find out and i used this knowledge as best as i could in my sliders. http://www.operationsports.com/foyrums/nba-2k-sliders/588581-understanding-slider-coefficients.html

Please note that while these were designed for association, they will work well on play now as well.

Also. some people are better at this game then others. these are for the people who are looking for sim from the game, they dont resort to certain tactics to score or stop the cpu, they try to play it like its played on tv.

*I have seen a few people talk about this, please go into coach profiles and reduce run plays to zero for every single team. it really makes a difference. i first read about it here http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/583680-the_future420s-nba-2k13-pro-simulation-sliders-12-min-quarters.html *

Gameplay
Difficulty - Pro
Game Speed - 70. (trust me)
Quarter Length - 11-12 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
Fatigue - On
Injuries - On
Shooting Type - User Timing (Personal Preference)
FT Shooting Type - Real Player %

***Updated 11/9/12--updates are in BOLD***

My Controller:
Automatic Shot Contest - Always
Defensive Assist Strength - 40

User vs. CPU Sliders
If there is only one value listed, it applies to both User and CPU. If there are two values, they will be in User/CPU format.

Offense
Inside Shot Success - 49/53
Close Shot Success - 48/49
Mid-Range Success - 47/49
3PT Success - 46/49
Layup Success - 49/53
Dunk In Traffic Frequency - 65
Dunk In Traffic Success - 54
Pass Accuracy - 48/47
Alley-Oop Success - 42
Contact Shot Success - 40/44

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 45
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 90
Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF - 35/40
Layup Defense Strength RELEASE - 70/80
Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER - 35/40
Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE - 70/80
Help Defense Strength - 85
Steal Success - 40/45

Attributes
Quickness - 60
Vertical - 50
Strength - 100
Stamina - 45
Speed -50
Durability - 60
Hustle - 33
Ball Handling - 44
Hands - 20
Dunking Ability - 40
On-Ball Defense - 42/45
Stealing - 65/70
Blocking - 100
*for offensive awarenes, i have a theory that the total needs to stay at 100 for better CPU performance.*
Offensive Awareness - 30/70
Defensive Awareness - 70/30
*again, rebounding needs to equal 100*
Offensive Rebounding - 60/20
Defensive Rebounding - 40/80
Consistency - 10
Fatigue Rate - 60
Injury Frequency - 35
Injury Severity - 40

I havent got ton of usage from my previous slider sets, but if there is 1 thing i nailed. it is shot tendency for the CPU. basically. inside, close, mid range, and 3 point need to equal 100 as a total. so my tendency i came up with that works great is 24, 22,27,27. this gets great variety from cpu. however. this is partially what causes the cpu to sit until 3 seconds left on the shot clock. the higher the tendency, the quicker the cpu will get into its offense and put up a shot. so each had to be increased by 20.

Tendencies *Only for CPU*
Take Inside Shots - 44
Take Close Shots - 42
Take Mid-Range Shots - 47
Take 3Pt Shots - 47
*post shots, attack t and look for post players again need to equal 100 when trying to total values. this creates a even 33 split. drop down attack the basket 3. an add in ur extra point an u get 35,35,30*
Post Shots - 33
Attack the Basket - 30
Look for Post Players - 38
Throw Alley-Oops - 45

*User and CPU*
Attempt Dunks - 65
Attempt Putbacks - 100
Play Passing Lanes: 80/85
Go For On-Ball Steals: 72
Contest Shots: 70/75
Backdoor Cuts - 90

Fouls *borrowed from http://www.operationsports.com/forum...quarters.html*

Over the Back Foul Frequency 100
Charging Foul Frequency 100
Blocking Foul Frequency 100
Reaching Foul Frequency 89
Shooting Foul Frequency 93
Loose Ball Foul Frequency 100

Please post any feedback you have : Thoughts, stats, idea's. etc.

thank you

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

Last edited by schnaidt1; 11-09-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: updates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Re: Schnaidt1's NBA 2k13 SIM Sliders

made a quick change, i got player speed an game speed messed up when entering. game speed should be 70, player speed 50

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Rookie

mtownballa12's Arena

OVR: 2

Trying them out now. They play really well. Only thing I noticed is there are almost too many fouls called
NHL: Boston Bruins
MLB Boston Red Sox
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

the fouls in my experience can be very hit or miss. if u try stealing or blocking everything u will get called more.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

The fouls and contact in the paint were great! The only set I've played so far with proper contact in the paint, and I've tried most of them. I'll be back later for more impressions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #6
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

awesome!!! im looking forward to it

Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Really like what I'm reading here. Must try these now! Thanks for putting the work into this and providing solid reasoning. I'll let you know how they play for me in a bit...
Old 11-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Shooting: Realistic shooting percentages, the players mostly hit shots they should hit, except for user 3's . I went 1 of 19 with the clippers who have some good 3pt shooters. It could be because my timing was off, but since my mid range shots were dropping at a realistic rate I'm not sure.

Defense: The cpu played aggressive defense, which i liked. I upped defensive pressure in the coach profiles for both teams to around 80 though. There weren't very many blocks, 3 for me and 1 for the cpu, and both the Clippers and Mavs have some good shot blockers. But this is mostly because of the Help defense, the bigs weren't helping enough with shutting down the lane, even when their defensive assignments were set at sag off. IIRC all the blocks were on their own man, which is good. If the bigs would help some more on driving guards the block totals could be higher, and the points in the paint would be lower. I also raised the help defense under coach profiles. Since I didn't play with the default rosters I have more players with DEF AWR around 40-60, so that could also affect the help D in a negative way.

I'll try to get some more games in before i comment on rebounding and turnovers, but it looked very good in the one game I played.

I can't really comment on the tendencies either, because of the edits in my rosters and coaching profiles, but I like that you try to find mathematical solutions in the shooting tendencies.

As I said earlier the contact in the paint was great! I loved to se bangers like Griffin and Turiaf go at it, you could really feel their weight and strength. I've done some minor edits to strength in my rosters, but since you have strenth at 100 I still think it's good with the default rosters too.

Overall a very good base set!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »