Home

Teams releasing star players and other strange stories

This is a discussion on Teams releasing star players and other strange stories within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1
Teams releasing star players and other strange stories

So I'm in my second year of offline CCM with Philadelphia, and it's week 4 in the preseason. So before my last game I decide to pick up another player or two because I was a little short on depth. So I go into the FA list and I see Ndamukong Suh sitting there at the top with a 94 overall. At first I thought I was seeing things or maybe he was injured, but I checked and he had a pro bowl season the year before.

Has anyone else seen strange things like this happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Minzey's Arena

Re: Teams releasing star players and other strange stories

After my first season with the Dolphins, they released Greg Jennings, and then the Broncos release Von Miller. I signed both. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or real thing.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I have yet to see anything like this happen in any of my CCM.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Flacco, Forte, Schaub, Peterson, Weddle, Cruz, Nicks, etc. All Ive seen hit the Fa list in at least one of my ccms.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 21

Seen strange things happen too. For example the Cards drafted both a MLB and LE in the span of about three seasons. In that same time frame they released both Calias Campbell and Daryl Washington.

To make matters worse, I had attempted trades for the players in the first year of my franchise.

Logic is clearly broken when your not willing to take 1st rounders for a player then drop them the following season.

I've found similar terrible issues with resigning. In the same franchise, the first year saw both Tony Gonzalez and Dwight Freeney getting 6 years extensions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
Rookie

thrust's Arena

OVR: 3

I once saw Adam Pacman Jones released as a FA. I knowd the game was broke den!
Tweeted from Tampa Habitual Rehab Clinic
THRC
a home for the lonely
Old 11-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

First, given the off-field problems with Suh, it really isn't that odd is it? Second, when I take over a team, I have no problem letting go of star players (hopefully for draft picks, but if not then FA) that do not fit the philosophy of my team! Perhaps, Suh no longer fits what the coach of Detroit is trying to do with his team now?

I just don't find anything odd about what an AI does in a game...soon enough, something similar will happen in real life. Montana to chiefs, Barry Sanders quitting football, Donovan McNabb to Redskins (within division), Kurt Warner to Cardinals (& Superbowl), Tampa firing Gruden, Coach Payton being suspended for a year (Williams for life), Suggs coming back from injury, AP coming back from injury, Jahvid Best NOT coming back from injury, Hillis to the Chiefs, Weeden being drafted, Luck & RGIII coming out of same draft. Luck & Fleener on same pro team, Manning on Broncos, Tebow to Jets as a backup to Sanchez, Sproles to Saints, Jackson to Bucs.... really, i could continue...

All of these things would have been "unheard" of before they happened. In fact, we could start a thread of just things that happen in the real NFL that would be thought impossible before they happened...Gretzky to Los Angeles!! <3 <3 <3
Old 11-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ive seen it in every CCM.

Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Brandon Marshall, etc.

I usually A) Sign them to a zero bonus contract and trade them to their original team or B) Turn off salary cap.

Turning off the cap feels less realistic, but teams seem to keep key players more often, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »