Home

How do you get from Superstar 3 to Legend?

This is a discussion on How do you get from Superstar 3 to Legend? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
How do you get from Superstar 3 to Legend?

I've finally reached Superstar 3 in EASHL in a decent amount of time with a overall grade of A- and 40ish games played even despite all the pitfalls of only playing drop-in games.

All the teams where all 4 people on my team streak up the ice and I'm the only defenseman back to defend a 3 on 1 counterattack. Wingers who have no idea what they are doing where they refuse to pass the puck and try to deke around 3 guys in the slot and get their body destroyed every single time. Centers who pump all their stats into other areas and forget the most important stat in the entire game in which it's impossible to win a game if your center doesn't have high faceoff rating and loses 90% of faceoffs.

Anyways, I noticed EA are jerks and made it so that the number of games that you have to win to reach Legend is 75. At my current rate of progress it'll take me another 90 games to get the 25ish wins I need and there will be no way I'll be able to maintain an A- grade that long.

What can I do to have this not take forever?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Rookie

BigDisk's Arena

Re: How do you get from Superstar 3 to Legend?

I agree that OTP is full of 'otp all-stars' that try to do everything, don't pass, always call for the puck in stupid areas, never back-check, etc.

But... there is 50% chance that you'll end up on the 'better team' right? So, I don't see how it would take you more than 50 games to get your 25 wins unless you are detrimental to your team.
The opposite is also true; if you're a above average player you should definitely win more than 50% of your games.

Ways to have better OTP experience:
A) Pass the puck more: you might be labeled as selfish and other people will refuse to pass it back to you if you don't*.

B) Try to be nice with your teammates on voice chat AND try to find at least one other good player with a mic in your team. That way you can try to work with him and pull the team for the win.

C) Play club :-) Although it can be just as frustrating sometimes...

D) Don't yell at kids not playing their positions; more often than not it will only make things worst. Try instead to leverage their play-style. For example, if you're playing D and the other D is always on the offensive zone: try to cover his *** and pass him the puck on the breakout if he's open.

After 4-5 good passes, he might realize you're looking for him and start playing less selfishly.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

play be good win and play and be good
Old 11-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
Pro

Why does everyone assume it's the topic poster that sucks at the game

Anyways, so....how does club work? I usually only play once a week and I'm never consistent with how many games I play. Sometimes it's 8 games in a row, sometimes I get bored after 2.

Isn't club playing with 4 other real life people and you need to make sure your schedule matches theirs? I wouldn't like that.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:07 AM   #5
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
Why does everyone assume it's the topic poster that sucks at the game

Anyways, so....how does club work? I usually only play once a week and I'm never consistent with how many games I play. Sometimes it's 8 games in a row, sometimes I get bored after 2.

Isn't club playing with 4 other real life people and you need to make sure your schedule matches theirs? I wouldn't like that.
If you join a big enough club, you don't need to try to match schedules or anything like that. A lot of the time, you can get at least a few guys online at the same time just by chance. You can still play drop-ins like normal after joining a club but it's really nice to just get some consistency by having the same teammates for a period of time. You get to learn your teammates play-styles instead of the crap shoot that is EASHL drop-ins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Your grades for every position played matter.

You're an A- now. Let's say 80% of your games are Left-Wing.
You're probably an A+, B+, A+

The secret to keep your A- overall for as long as possible:
Don't play Left-Wing anymore.

When I'm within ~10 wins of levelling up and currently have an A-, I check my grades for all positions. I then only play the position that I have the least amount of games played in, as it's the position that'll be weighed the least in my total.

Same is true if you don't currently have an A-. Get the position you have the highest Games Played in back up to reasonable, and then focus on the positions that you've got the lowest grades in to bring them pu.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Yeah the win requirement to level is absolutely ridiculous. To make your player better you have to win and be on a good team, but to be on a good team your player has to be leveled and boosted. So basically if you dont log 1000 games in the first month of release you're screwed.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #8
Banned

Maelstrom's Arena

OVR: 7

Drop-in games KILL my team-play stat for the exact same reasons the OP & second poster mentioned.

There are too many idiots out there that ALWAYS call for the puck after the CPU goalie has covered it, even if there are one, two or three attackers close in to him. Of course, the CPU goalie AI is horrible & will pass it out anyway, usually right to am attacker who will shoot it into the net, which gives everyone on the team a minus!

Or, you get the idiots who want to deke, not pass the puck & end up turning it over, which leads to a lot of break always.

Most people chase the puck. It's like a gaggle of chickens chasing after bird seed! It's ridiculous!

When I see four skaters (on my team) going to one side of the ice for the puck, I immediately go to the opposite side, or in the center, because I know that an attacker is going to be setting up to receive a pass.

Whatever happened to being a team player & playing your lanes?

It's sooooo frustrating to deal with some of these fools. Like when the goalie gives up a goal, or two & they start dropping out of the game, one by one.

Um, maybe the goalie is giving up goals, because he isn't getting any support from the skaters! When you turn the puck over in the defensive zone, or neutral zone, you put the goalie in a bad spot.

When four or five skaters all chase the puck, you put the goalie in a bad spot.

Ugh! I'm getting frustrated just thinking about it. Oh well, what can you do? Club play is best, IMO. I play defense on one club, but it's frustrating, because the GMs of the club have been letting some players join, who don't seem to have any idea of what they are doing. They jump off-sides A LOT, start, or get baited into fights a the worst times, bunch up on the ice & don't leave many passing options. I don't know how many times I have gotten the puck in out zone & had to say, "Spread it out people," because I have no options for a decent pass.

So, I started my own club, hoping to hook up with players who DO play their lanes & play smart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »