Home

MyCAREER Gameplay is pathetic

This is a discussion on MyCAREER Gameplay is pathetic within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0
MyCAREER Gameplay is pathetic

Simply the most unrealistic basketball ever on MyCAREER, I actually liked the outcomes and scores and stats from 2k12 WAAAAY more than I do in 2k13.

I believe we have allowed a league high 115 points per game this year, while scoring 112 (on 10 minute quarters HOF, on default, and simulation doesn't do anything but you make you really tired quicker).

We've had a streak of 5 straight games we allowed over 140 points per game, and over the entire year we had 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right, 2! games where even ONE team on either side scored less than 100 points. It's absolutely ridiculous, there's no point in playing defense because they always make the shot if it isn't perfectly contested, and even then they hit it most of the time.

In this playoff series with the Thunder, I keep playing close games and thinking we have a chance. Oh yeah, except they hit every single shot. Kevin Durant never misses. Ever. I don't think I've ever seen him miss a shot. Westbrook will miss sometimes, but not too often. Harden hits everything too. So does Ibaka. Both teams routinely shoot 55-60% from the field, sometimes higher, and the amount of offensive rebounds is godly.

Is it too much to ask for a MyCAREER that actually plays realistic basketball games, and not 140 point shootouts every game? It's stuff like this that gets me frustrated and makes me stop playing the game, which I can't believe 2K would not mind doing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: MyCAREER Gameplay is pathetic

This is pretty true. It is like every single game is a super shootout lol and u have to score 160 points to win.

Last edited by TBr0wn14; 11-01-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBr0wn14
This is pretty sure. It is like every single game is a super shootout lol and u have to score 160 points to win.
Haven't quite gotten to that threshold yet, but I'm sure sooner or later that will be the case lol. I did have a 185-181 5OT game in MyCAREER, and I believe we were tied at 110 going into overtime. That may be a record low in points for me at the end of regulation lol
Old 11-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

My team plays no defense thats why my team has to score so much to win.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBr0wn14
My team plays no defense thats why my team has to score so much to win.
I have defensive anchor, but that doesn't matter at all. I'm on the Hornets with Anthony Davis, and for some reason he can't seem to block shots and no one can play man to man defense. If I switch to any kind of zone, they automatically find someone open, and no matter what, they automatically hit it if it isn't contested. It's extremely gay lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #6
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

Ive had good results... I play on 9 min qtrs, Pro, simulation settings and never seen above any scores in the 120s... I think Ive only seen it above 110 a couple times. My record right now is 15-10 with the Rockets.
WIZ
Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #7
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBB15
Ive had good results... I play on 9 min qtrs, Pro, simulation settings and never seen above any scores in the 120s... I think Ive only seen it above 110 a couple times. My record right now is 15-10 with the Rockets.
I keep restarting this game I'm playing against the Thunder over and over and over and over and over agin, and every game, in the first quarter, they've scored at the very least 38 points on at least 70% shooting in the first quarter. On 10 minute quarters, HOF default. I'm beyond frustrated with this mode, I don't think I can even play it anymore. All the fun is gone for me if I can't even have a realistic, normal scoring game where defense is rewarded. In this game, good defense is contesting a made shot, that's all I ever get it for now anyways
Old 11-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
I keep restarting this game I'm playing against the Thunder over and over and over and over and over agin, and every game, in the first quarter, they've scored at the very least 38 points on at least 70% shooting in the first quarter. On 10 minute quarters, HOF default. I'm beyond frustrated with this mode, I don't think I can even play it anymore. All the fun is gone for me if I can't even have a realistic, normal scoring game where defense is rewarded. In this game, good defense is contesting a made shot, that's all I ever get it for now anyways
Playing on HOF default is the problem. It's like All Madden in the Madden games. The CPU gets an unrealistic boost to make it more challenging. It's just what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »