Home

Virtual Pro Match Rating Help

This is a discussion on Virtual Pro Match Rating Help within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-31-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Virtual Pro Match Rating Help

I am trying to understand how the match ratings work. i could hold down LB and get 90%+ passing, 4 shots on goal yet my rating is still 5.9-6.2. I understand that goals and assist help big time but mistake free football doesn't seem to matter if your in the midfield or on defense. I check the leader-boards and see a ton of players with 8.0-9.0 avg. match ratings. What is the key to getting a more consistent match rating without a hat trick every game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Virtual Pro Match Rating Help

Ya, I find the match ratings to be almost complete garbage. I have no idea how to get a good rating other than scoring goals or getting assists.

I've played a lot of soccer, and I play the positions in-game I play in real life, and I'm telling you, without a shadow of a doubt I lose points and get penalized for playing good soccer. I had a game just tonight where I got 9 passes, 100% passing, 4 interceptions, an assist, dribbled by 10 players, had a key pass, etc, etc and ended up with a 6.1 LOL.

Even when you stay in position you lose points, randomly sometimes other times lose them then gain them back. Ive blocked shots and gotten interceptions, with no point gain, then lost points for making a great pass that the AI screwed up.

I would just play if I were you, focus on having fun - that's what I do now. If you get too concerned with EA's non-sensical match ratings youll go crazy.

I find midfielders have it the hardest. Strikers(which I am but my coach plays me at mid) can score and get assists easier in this game. Defenders, at least you have a better shot at tackling someone around the net, winning defensive headers and blocking shots.

Just have fun, and as a D-man try to get your goalie the clean sheet - that helps.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

The problem is that they are key for you progressing in player career mode. I find it baffling this year. I haven't found any answers online either.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

I know. I just plowed through my first season as a forward, playing mid most of the time, getting ribbed by my coach constantly for sucking, but as I got more skill accomplishments, I found it was the small things getting me a better rating. The fact that my player has more control over what he's doing has somehow taken me from 5.5-6.2 avg to 6.5-8.0 avg.

Doesnt make sense, because when you play great soccer, you dont get rewarded - it rewards you for results only.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Bump because I am having the same issue. I have looked everywhere online but can't get an answer. This was a problem in FIFA 12 that obviously hasn't been fixed. I think it is a bug because if remember in FIFA 10 World Cup I never had this problem with my pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I remember getting a 5.3 rating as a keeper even though my team won 4-0. I only made a single save because my defense was so easily shutting the forwards down, and I watched my rating slowly sink further and further for no apparent reason.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

i feel like it has to do with positioning... for some reason it wants you to move to weird places on the pitch when you're away from the ball. Especially when you're the keeper.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangash
I remember getting a 5.3 rating as a keeper even though my team won 4-0. I only made a single save because my defense was so easily shutting the forwards down, and I watched my rating slowly sink further and further for no apparent reason.
This is why I cant create a goalie because you could save 4/4 shots and win 1-0 but your rating is a 6. What are you suppose to do as a goalie?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »