Home

My WHL Project-Need help on Stratergy & Horns

This is a discussion on My WHL Project-Need help on Stratergy & Horns within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-30-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
My WHL Project-Need help on Stratergy & Horns

My WHL/CHL Project..
Old codger here, who plays "Off line", in the solitude of my own "Hockey Den" (Im Father of Teenage Daughters, so you guys will know why a "Den" is vital..lol)
In the past I always thought that the game suffered with a lack of realism because of high ratings/attributes of its NHL core, so often preferred to play in the CHL leagues.
This years game needed a LOT of work though to the Player ratings, but after two weeks (which wasn't too bad as I was waiting for the patch):I have finally gotten "it going"

After adding the missing players, and moving the AHL grads, I went to work on recognising the top 100 players of the WHL.
Forwards were edited thusly:
Top scorers like Ty Rattie were maxed to 80 in Shooting Accuracy, Hand to Eye, Deking
The top playmakers 80 passing etc
I then edited the Top 20 Face off Guys to max out at 80 on the Draws
Big hitting PWR forwards were tweaked , again up to 80 for checking Power etc
The top 100 Fighters/PIM leaders, were re edited with Discipline bottoming out at 36
Then by viewing the team by team stats, I edited 2nd line players to the lower 64-68 ratings, 3 rd liners 60-64, 4th liners 55-60 , and so forth.

I then made similar adjustments to the D-Men.
The Top D men, were "upped" to 84 Def Awareness, and then tailored the attributes, to suit the specific players, like those slick D men (Riley/Murray/Dumba) got a raise in deking, Off awareness etc
All Top 6 D Men were raided to 80 Stick Checking, 80 Def Awareness and 68 Hand to Eye (to assist the poke)
Bottom "6 ers" were maxed to 75 in the D attributes.

The Goalies, were then rated: Comrie in the Tri City was topped out at 79...with 82 flexibility/Agility, working down wards, but ensuring that ALL starting Goalies were above 72.

Lol it took time, but it was good learning about all the Players, and the result is that, yes, Ty Rattie (the highest rated FWD at 70 OVR) can still burn me with that shot, but at least now my D can at least get in the way.
Dumba (The highest rate D at 74 OVR) can still knock me into next week, but at least now, on occasion, I can sneak past..lol
It just feels gritty and choppy now, in a good way: I am still getting outshot etc, outplayed etc, but finaly, with the game now, I can see what the heck is happening.
Season Mode, WHL, All Star, with latest patch, tuner 1-06
Puck Control: 0
Game Speed: 0
Penalties on Full
Aggression 3 each
Fatigue on Full (to make the CPU have to chnge its lines)
Shot Acc: 3 on both...want to see those missed nets!

Next I want to Edit each teams Stratergies, so if any WHL experts can help me that would be awesome.
Also, playing as the Royals, does anyone have a goal horn/song for this year. The Horn sites i have visited are grea but still have the horn as he Chilliwack one.
Thanks to you all for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
Rookie

ericf's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: My WHL Project-Need help on Stratergy & Horns

I'm a Spokane Chiefs fan so I could help you with them and the US division. Outside of that I'm not as sure on strategies.

Anyway you could share those rosters.....
Old 10-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

Hiya there.
Im afraid theres no way to share Rosters on XBox
I just played the Chiefs as The Royals and they lit me up like a Christmas Tree...Holmberg 2 goals in a 4-1 win, and Kitchon teed up a pair of PP Point Shots on me.
I have to say, that the game is playing great with the Rosters: esp now as I am getting 3-4 PPs a game (as I said in my earlier post, I reduced disciplines considerabley)
I am a medoicre 3W 5L in my season, and had to sweat to pinch the wins, but the games I have lost I feel i was just outplayed by better teams, rather than any CPU magic, so I am delighted...lol..if that makes sense.

Any info on ANY of the WHL teams I would be most gratefull for!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Pro

porky14's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm afraid there is a way to share rosters for XBOX

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »