Home

playing 2k finally showed me why domestic abuse victims stay with their spouse

This is a discussion on playing 2k finally showed me why domestic abuse victims stay with their spouse within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-30-2012, 02:15 AM   #1
DrX
Rookie

OVR: 1
playing 2k finally showed me why domestic abuse victims stay with their spouse

If you're a sim player and real basketball fan and try to play fair, this game will punish you. I play online everyday with teams like the wiz and nets....everyday i play guys that pick star teams and go NBA street on me , i hate these games but yet i keep coming back for more....for the most part I'm a winner (record: 110-45) but I want to be good enough to beat the exploit abusers with the great records. I get so close but never pull those games out.

I'm basically like a dope addict, its like I'm searching for something that i cant get. I want to master this game so bad, and do it the right way with skill and I.Q but in reality I cant. Us real hoop fans get abused by 2k sports, but yet we keep coming back for more.

just wanted too vent ....ps how do you turn off auto double team with the nets, i literally tried everything...i want to snap the game in half because of it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
Banned

CUTigers2324's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: playing 2k finally showed me why domestic abuse victims stay with their spouse

I mentioned this in another thread, but I truly think that one of the biggest reasons for this this year is how the signature skills translate into an online game. I'm in the same boat as you - I play exclusively with Washington and New Orleans and have a solid record, but there are times where I truly feel the outcome of the game is just taken out of your hands regardless of skill level.

For example, if you're playing against Boston, Paul Pierce will become unstoppable in a close game in the fourth. Same with Melo if you're playing New York or Durant if you're playing OKC. Guys can just smash on the turbo, run around in a circle, and pull up for a contested J and, no matter what kind of defense you play it's going in nine times out of ten because those guys are "clutch" and "closers".

Overall though, the game is great, and the better player wins MOST of the time...you just have to deal with the arcadeyness of the online game if you're going to play quick match. It is what it is, and it can be INCREDIBLY annoying. But yeah, you just keep playing lol
Old 10-30-2012, 02:39 AM   #3
DrX
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: playing 2k finally showed me why domestic abuse victims stay with their spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers2324
I mentioned this in another thread, but I truly think that one of the biggest reasons for this this year is how the signature skills translate into an online game. I'm in the same boat as you - I play exclusively with Washington and New Orleans and have a solid record, but there are times where I truly feel the outcome of the game is just taken out of your hands regardless of skill level.

For example, if you're playing against Boston, Paul Pierce will become unstoppable in a close game in the fourth. Same with Melo if you're playing New York or Durant if you're playing OKC. Guys can just smash on the turbo, run around in a circle, and pull up for a contested J and, no matter what kind of defense you play it's going in nine times out of ten because those guys are "clutch" and "closers".

Overall though, the game is great, and the better player wins MOST of the time...you just have to deal with the arcadeyness of the online game if you're going to play quick match. It is what it is, and it can be INCREDIBLY annoying. But yeah, you just keep playing lol
tell me about it, i do everything and they'll always make the shot. melo, durant are unstoppable
Old 10-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #4
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Online gaming against randoms in 2k13 = fail.

This game is not cut out to be played online unless you're going against friends or people you know to play sim. It's a damn scrub fest out there.

Haven't played online once this year, nor will I. Finally learnt my lesson.

The AI set to ROOKIE has more skill than the average player online. Not to mention plays more realistic.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #5
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Online gaming against randoms in 2k13 = fail.

This game is not cut out to be played online unless you're going against friends or people you know to play sim. It's a damn scrub fest out there.

Haven't played online once this year, nor will I. Finally learnt my lesson.

The AI set to ROOKIE has more skill than the average player online. Not to mention plays more realistic.
Ridiculously untrue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Terrible thread title...
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX
If you're a sim player and real basketball fan and try to play fair, this game will punish you. I play online everyday with teams like the wiz and nets....everyday i play guys that pick star teams and go NBA street on me , i hate these games but yet i keep coming back for more....for the most part I'm a winner (record: 110-45) but I want to be good enough to beat the exploit abusers with the great records. I get so close but never pull those games out.

I'm basically like a dope addict, its like I'm searching for something that i cant get. I want to master this game so bad, and do it the right way with skill and I.Q but in reality I cant. Us real hoop fans get abused by 2k sports, but yet we keep coming back for more.

just wanted too vent ....ps how do you turn off auto double team with the nets, i literally tried everything...i want to snap the game in half because of it
What exploits are you speaking of? I have a counter to every cheese so please share and maybe we can help.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Terrible thread title...
i liked it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »