Home

Official WWE 13 Impressions

This is a discussion on Official WWE 13 Impressions within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Official WWE 13 Impressions

Post them here gentlemen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official WWE 13 Impressions

Starting up my Universe already, but i did do my first match. It was Big Show vs. Mark Henry, it ended with Big Show (me) doing an OMG match ending ring breaking superplex. Gameplay is great so far and am just loving it so far, AE mode is starting soon
Old 10-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

First think I noticed is the volume of the entrance themes is super low. I had to turn my tv up to hear them.

I thought this whole wwe live thing was supposed to make the audio a lot better. Pretty pissed about this.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #4
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I am loving Attitude Era Mode so far. I feel like I'm playing an interactive WWE DVD. Not very deep into it yet though, obviously.

The gameplay balance feels different from WWE 12, and better. The wrestlers in general feel a tad heavier, and all the moves seem more meaningful. It did take two Sweet Chin Musics to finish off Mankind; I feel like there may be more of an emphasis to store finishers to perform the OMG moments, which I haven't tried to do yet.

One thing that I did notice that I have no idea what it means - it appears there is a new blue meter that appears when you manually release a breaking point submission, and that meter decreases each time. Anyone know what this is?
Old 10-30-2012, 02:20 AM   #5
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Played the Attitude Era only so far. Great single player mode. Still need to find some good difficulty sliders because on Legend and Hard, while the CPU is challenging it kinda feels cheap. It's all reversals and not a lot of aggressively trying to beat me down.

On the other hand, the CPU on the higher difficulties is kinda relentless when they get you down from the reversals, which is nice but frustrating. You really have to time your own reversals and turn the match around, sort of wrestle a smarter match than in WWE '11 (the last one I played). So that's cool.

Overall, once I get the difficulty sorta to be a little more to my liking, I'm gonna get into the Attitude Era and I'm not leaving until I run out of events! Then I'll be running my own in Universe Mode hopefully!

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 02:39 AM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Played the Attitude Era only so far. Great single player mode. Still need to find some good difficulty sliders because on Legend and Hard, while the CPU is challenging it kinda feels cheap. It's all reversals and not a lot of aggressively trying to beat me down.

On the other hand, the CPU on the higher difficulties is kinda relentless when they get you down from the reversals, which is nice but frustrating. You really have to time your own reversals and turn the match around, sort of wrestle a smarter match than in WWE '11 (the last one I played). So that's cool.

Overall, once I get the difficulty sorta to be a little more to my liking, I'm gonna get into the Attitude Era and I'm not leaving until I run out of events! Then I'll be running my own in Universe Mode hopefully!
I lowered all the AI reversal sliders by 2 notches and it seemed to help.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:40 AM   #7
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Oh, and the breaking point submission system at first blush is MUCH better, despite not much having changed mechanically. The submission moves themselves are much more drawn out, so they actually feel worthwhile to use and go into the button mashing war.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:54 AM   #8
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

On universe it seems like they dropped the opening pyro and crowd shots after u exit to edit the next match

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »