Home

Please post examples of when to use Intense-D, I don't understand its purpose.

This is a discussion on Please post examples of when to use Intense-D, I don't understand its purpose. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Please post examples of when to use Intense-D, I don't understand its purpose.

For me slow moves, doesn't lock down opponent, i don't understand its aim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Please post examples of when to use Intense-D, I don't understand its purpose.

you use it when you want to get burned by the defense. It's purpose is pointless. They've implemented it totally wrong. How i miss NBA 2k9 where they got it right the 1st time. Defense is terrible in this game. You get stuck in these canimations when you miss a steal animation, or block animation. I dont understand it. If 2k manages to come p with a solution for this via a patch, kudo's but i wont hold my breath on it.

The best defense i saw implemented in the 2k series was a mix between the lock on defense in 2k9+2k10's on ball defense+2k11 Bumping & shot Blocking, if there could somehow be a marriage of their previous defensive schemes all rolled in one, you'd have the best defensive schematics in basketball history!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Please post examples of when to use Intense-D, I don't understand its purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
you use it when you want to get burned by the defense. It's purpose is pointless. They've implemented it totally wrong. How i miss NBA 2k9 where they got it right the 1st time. Defense is terrible in this game. You get stuck in these canimations when you miss a steal animation, or block animation. I dont understand it. If 2k manages to come p with a solution for this via a patch, kudo's but i wont hold my breath on it.

The best defense i saw implemented in the 2k series was a mix between the lock on defense in 2k9+2k10's on ball defense+2k11 Bumping & shot Blocking, if there could somehow be a marriage of their previous defensive schemes all rolled in one, you'd have the best defensive schematics in basketball history!
You trippin defense is perfectly fine.

And to the original poster here's a good video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn
Old 10-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStarDaDon

Excellent post Boric, defense is definitely in the game this year. Even though we could all use some more contact animations in the paint, 2k13 is still the GOAT for 2k.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Excellent post Boric, defense is definitely in the game this year. Even though we could all use some more contact animations in the paint, 2k13 is still the GOAT for 2k.
Thanks bro.

The only problem I see on D is that we need more contact in the paint then were getting. I do see alot of rubbing off players where they should be contact made.

Quote:
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStarDaDon

Lol, this is the problem. I think too many people jumped into playing and didn't do either training camp or just general playing to get a feel of defense. Too many people play the same defense regardless of who they're guarding. Always playing nut to nut with the ball handler then being upset when they get blown past.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
Lol, this is the problem. I think too many people jumped into playing and didn't do either training camp or just general playing to get a feel of defense. Too many people play the same defense regardless of who they're guarding. Always playing nut to nut with the ball handler then being upset when they get blown past.
LMAOOO

You speaking the truth brody. I don't understand why people play so close on you then bitch and complain that defense isn't in the game, it's to easy to score in the paint.

Ridiculous son.

Quote:

#HelloBrooklyn
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Exactly people online just try to spam steal and get mad and call BS when I drive by them. Seriously just played someone who kept picking up Rondo at the half court line spamming the steal button the messaged me after the game saying I was lucky..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »