Home

How to make the most out of your NCAA '13 experience.

This is a discussion on How to make the most out of your NCAA '13 experience. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
How to make the most out of your NCAA '13 experience.

Been playing and reading these forums for a long time now and I figured I'd make a quick write up on how I go about things and make it fun for me.

1 - Get some good sliders. In my opinion there is only 1 good slider set and that would be FistofRages'. There is plenty of room to make them more difficult. Also, don't be turned off by they fact they are varsity, they are very good!

2 - Play dynasty mode. I've found that simming a couple seasons before you actually play helps the ratings of the players fit the programming style more. I am in Season 3 of my dynasty and seeing things I never have seen. This is more what the game seems to have been tested on.

3 - Try out coach mode. There are some good coach sliders out there and if you don't enjoy the playing of this year's game, coach mode can give you a lot of fun as well.

4 - Sim & Recruit. This is fun, doesn't take a ton of time and is realistic without going overboard like a text sim would.

5 - Put your penalty sliders at 50. They don't do much anyways and it should help the game play better.

6 - Put in Madden, see how broken that game is, then come back to NCAA.

7 - If none of the above works, trade it in. If you're trading it in, chances are you haven't tried all of the above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
Cool story. I'm not playing either game at this point in the year. Madden was a nice concept but the most incomplete game I've every purchased, and NCAA, even though it is much improved from the year before, lacks any kind of depth to keep me interested.

But thanks for the creativity in the several original suggestions you have listed.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Hilarious! LOL..... I'm still playing 2011 with no patches.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How to make the most out of your NCAA '13 experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Been playing and reading these forums for a long time now and I figured I'd make a quick write up on how I go about things and make it fun for me.

1 - Get some good sliders. In my opinion there is only 1 good slider set and that would be FistofRages'. There is plenty of room to make them more difficult. Also, don't be turned off by they fact they are varsity, they are very good!

2 - Play dynasty mode. I've found that simming a couple seasons before you actually play helps the ratings of the players fit the programming style more. I am in Season 3 of my dynasty and seeing things I never have seen. This is more what the game seems to have been tested on.

3 - Try out coach mode. There are some good coach sliders out there and if you don't enjoy the playing of this year's game, coach mode can give you a lot of fun as well.

4 - Sim & Recruit. This is fun, doesn't take a ton of time and is realistic without going overboard like a text sim would.

5 - Put your penalty sliders at 50. They don't do much anyways and it should help the game play better.

7 - If none of the above works, trade it in. If you're trading it in, chances are you haven't tried all of the above.

You know Patriot this is actually a really nice write up and the points I highlighted have helped me out with the game, especially the sim and recruit part. I'm in the process of editing my community roster to allow star players and projected NFL draft picks to shine through in game, so in the meantime I'm using an online dynasty to just recruit and sim games. It's actually really fun. This keeps me from getting burned out while doing roster edits.

I'd also like to add that CPU mode gives me a lot of entertainment post roster edits. I love seeing how players act and interact on the field after putting in some hard work and thought. It's only when I play HUM-CPU that my frustrations with the game boil over. EA does not spend enough time tuning the AI in that regard and it pisses me off.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 10-25-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3

If Madden and NCAA combined products it would be Game of the Year. Madden is extremely incomplete, however with a great set of sliders and using a Player CCM it is somewhat bearable. The worst part is the atrocious CPU play calling. The Patriots run the ball 45 times a game while Brady slings it 15 times.

NCAA is unique in that it aced the team's play style. That's my favorite part of NCAA how going up against LSU means they are going to run it down your throat, facing Navy you'll get the triple option and facing Texas A&M they will throw it all over the place in a fast no huddle offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
Rookie

kcharles520's Arena

OVR: 2

the only way for me to "get the most" out of ncaa 13 is to play ranked games online as much as humanly possible, lol.

i bought it on a whim not knowing that the draft class import feature was removed, which essentially ruins dynasty for me (i love creating recruits and shipping them to madden)

so yea, i'm just playing enough online games to get my $60 worth...lol
Old 10-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

I really like this write up. I've forgone Madden (so far) because of the brilliance that is NFL Head Coach 09. NCAA 13 has given me a totally different experience so far, because its a different focus (college) and a fun game in coach mode (with fists sliders of course!).

I can see that the recruiting, whilst fun, isn't quite as robust as College Hoops 2K8, but it's still good.

So far I've followed a lot of the points in the OP and I agree it's made the game quite enjoyable.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been really enjoying the games in pure coach mode and in 1 button mode, where I simply call the play and watch the result.

I'm enjoying offline dynasty mode, playing as Bama and also keying in & playing LSU's games plus top 20 matchups.

Of course, its required much patience and testing from everyone in the OS community to try and ace a solid slider set.

I use Fist's varsity set for 1 button and jhmills set for coach mode.

jh has done a super job with his set... wr and hb screens, along with the option plays work beautifully with his set.

nasty defenses, like LSU and BAMA, can dominate with his slider set.

Last edited by 32jack; 10-26-2012 at 10:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »