Home

The Ridonkulous World of Madden 13

This is a discussion on The Ridonkulous World of Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
The Ridonkulous World of Madden 13

After spending A LOT of time setting up my sliders while patiently waiting for patch #3, I was finally able to actually start my CCM last night. I was rewarded for my patience and diligence with a well played, plausibly realistic game of football.

I then sim ahead to the next week. Now...cue the circus music:

*only one other game in the league had scores in the twenties. Most of the scores were in the high thirties to mid forties. One team scored over fifty and one scored over sixty - yes 60 - points.

* Matt Stafford threw for 550 yards and 8 TDs, setting a new record. Sid
Luckman rolled over in his grave.

* Megatron caught 6 TD passes.

* Reggie Wayne 220 receiving yards

* Daniel Manning caught three INTs.

* DeMarco Murray ran for 250 yards.

* Tannehill threw 6 INTs.

All this in just one week !

How are you supposed to enjoy a CCM experience with these preposterous other-worldly sim stats? What sort of demented football world does EA live in? I shudder to think what the upcoming weeks will bring. I suppose all the record books will be re-written by week 3.

What's most difficult to understand is how this could go so far off kilter from Madden 12, where the sim stats were mostly reasonable on a week to week basis.

I could say "maybe EA will put out a tuner to fix this" , but then I should probably be picked up and thrown in the nut house.

This is killing the whole enchilada for me. I don't know if I can play another game. What's the point when it gets rendered irrelevant by these juiced up sim stats?

OK, I feel better now. But this game is still a train wreck.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 10-24-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Ridonkulous World of Madden 13

To be fair, DeMarco Murray did run for 253 yards in a game last year. But yeah, the sim stats are often insane.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

I haven't seen story lines line this all in one week.

Sounds like you got lucky.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Off subject a little but in my CCM The Lions(cpu team) were able to get Brandon Marshall, Megatron and Desean Jackson.

Stafford has 2k yards and 19 TD with no INTs through week 4.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Pro

This begs the question, are the sim stats more realistic when simmed from all-pro, or do all of the skill levels generate the same sim stats?

Anyone ever tried it to see? These stats were from all-madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGoat
To be fair, DeMarco Murray did run for 253 yards in a game last year. But yeah, the sim stats are often insane.
Of course he has. Rodgers threw 6 TDs two weeks ago, Brady threw for over 500 a couple seasons back. These things do happen - but very infrequently.

The grossly inflated scores were enough of a red flag, but then to add in individual performances like this all within the span of one week does not bode well for the future of my CCM.

Is this an anomaly or is this generally what everyone else is seeing too?

I knew the sim stats weren't up to snuff going in, but I was shocked they were this far out of whack.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyoutofthecold
Off subject a little but in my CCM The Lions(cpu team) were able to get Brandon Marshall, Megatron and Desean Jackson.

Stafford has 2k yards and 19 TD with no INTs through week 4.
Whaaa?

OK, maybe it's time to turn this POS into a coaster. It probably won't do that job right either.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
*only one other game in the league had scores in the twenties. Most of the scores were in the high thirties to mid forties. One team scored over fifty and one scored over sixty - yes 60 - points.

* Matt Stafford threw for 550 yards and 8 TDs, setting a new record. Sid
Luckman rolled over in his grave.

* Megatron caught 6 TD passes.

* Daniel Manning caught three INTs.

* DeMarco Murray ran for 250 yards.

* Tannehill threw 6 INTs.

How are you supposed to enjoy a CCM experience with these preposterous other-worldly sim stats? What sort of demented football world does EA live in? I shudder to think what the upcoming weeks will bring. I suppose all the record books will be re-written by week 3.
Favre, Cutler, and Peyton Manning have all thrown six picks in a game, so it's not out of this world to think that Tannehill could do the same (he did throw three picks in his first NFL game).

In the past two years 8 different guys have rushed for over 200 yards, not coincidentally Murray being the top total of those 8.

Of active players, 17 different people have made 3 or more picks in a single game.

The passing and receiving TDs I can understand, as well as the scores. But being unhappy with performances that have already taken place multiple times in real life makes this sound nit-picky.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »