Home

SiM OS Collab - Draft Class (X360)

This is a discussion on SiM OS Collab - Draft Class (X360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 18
SiM OS Collab - Draft Class (X360)

SiM DRAFT CLASS(s)

Got the go-ahead from Perry Price a couple weeks ago, to work collab with rjohns23 on draft class(s) for the SiM Rosters. He had a decent base set that I’ve working off.

------ABOUT THE FILE------
If you go and check 2kShare you’ll see that most of the draft classes available tend to simply follow a linear ranking of their favorite draft website. Which is fine; but since these sites tend to rank players largely on the basis of potential and upside, underclassmen tend to populate a good chunk of a Top 100.

Below I’ve shown, a breakdown by class and draft year. “Avg. Adj. Yrs” is just the average for the past 5 drafts. I’ve also got the numbers for the 2007 & 2006 drafts but decided not to use them because those were the first two drafts after the NBA changed the requirements for age. (The one-and-done rule)

I used this info as a template for selecting which particular players would be making the 2013 draft class. Once I had the upper-tier prospects (eg Cody Zeller) I looked up where players the recruiting rankings for players that entered the 2006-2012 drafts to get a better idea of the types of recruits that leave early. One example – a lot of times you will see top recruits that are athletes rather than basketball players. Look at the HS Class of 2008 which ended up being the 2009 Draft (Brandon Jennings), in the top 25 you’ve got a good mix players. Some came out early, some stayed around, and some are stocking shelves at your local supermarket (#NotKurtWarner)

This might not be “sexy” but taking this approach is going to result in deeper draft classes, that should get you at least 3 years through your association file (maybe 4). In this file I will also be including a couple of sleepers, a couple of busts, and possibly a guy with terrible durability. I think doing this will make scouting a worthwhile proposition for the duration of a season.

This is the last count I did had, I haven't counted 2nd rounders but it is SR heavy.

SR Lottery 1
SR 1st 5
JR Lottery 2
JR 1st 4
SO Lottery 5
SO 1st 3
FR Lottery 4
FR 1st 3
Int Lot 2
Int 1st 1

------WHAT I’M DOING ------
For the next couple days I’ll be wrapping up on the faces and equipment edits then doubling back around for ratings.

Also there are 14 players with signature skills which is obviously WAY too many, before I realized that you can’t remove them, I had already spent a good 50 hours on the file. Fortunately the most anybody has is two (Zeller). I’m going to replace 90% of those guys and nuke their ratings so they become 2nd round guys, most of them probably seniors. This might be a good way to hide a gem in the 2nd round too.

Ratings- I’ve been using a printout of Slimm’s Draft Class googledoc for a template for players, adjusting here and there.

------WHAT I’D LIKE------
If a few people wouldn’t mind helping me would with the sig shots and moves I’d appreciate the help and it would ensure that the 2013 draft class would arrive alongside the SiM Collab Roster file. If you would like to help just post in here and I’ll PM you a list of guys I still need done.

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 16
Cool Re: SiM OS Collab - Draft Class (X360)

I can see what I can do with sigs, etc. for you SwaGGeD OUT Dudes. Thanks for the hard work put into this. It REALLY helps the project run more fluidly.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
MVP

Re: SiM OS Collab - Draft Class (X360)

I'm mostly done with Centers and should have PF's done tonight. Here's a screen cap of my spreadsheet for PGs. Ignore the color coding, some of it is out of date/complicated.

I need sigs for...
Young
Kabongo
Ledo
Harrow
McCallum
Canaan
Johnson
Brown
Burke
Pressey
Craft
Kulagin
Miljenovic
Jackson
Lindsey
Wolters
Turner
Miller
Cooper
Siva
Golden
Triche
Dellavedova

If you or someone wants to jump in and post sigs for these guys it'd be great.
I'll post SGs next, and hopefully I'll be caught up by then.

STANCE GUIDE
MOTION GUIDE
Old 10-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

Are all the players real, like even the guys that get undrafted?

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
MVP

Yes. They're mostly Seniors but I'm still spending the time to get their appearence and ratings accurate. I feel like if there's a player at you're school who's more of a prospect to go play overseas than in the league you should id still be cool to have them as the last guy in your roster. Also it should add a little more depth to the scouting element in the Association.

STANCE GUIDE
MOTION GUIDE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Rookie

chiliad's Arena

OVR: 2

Looks like you're putting a ton of effort into this which is always nice to see. Your spreadsheet is a more advanced version of what I use for my draft class. And I did similar research on draft trends to make sure the number of guys from each class is accurate. Wish we were on the same system so we could combine our efforts. That would make for an absolutely awesome draft class.

I can help with some of the sig shots you're looking for though. Some of those players overlap with guys in my class. I didn't put a ton of effort into researching sig shots, but I did try to make them as accurate as possible based on what pictures and youtube footage I did find.

B.J. Young:
Shooting Form - Release 46
Shot Base - Jump Shot 22

Myck Kabongo:
Shooting Form - Rudy Gay
Shot Base - Jump Shot 33

Ryan Harrow:
Shooting Form - Release 27
Shot Base - Jump Shot 10

Isaiah Canaan:
Shooting Form - Release 27
Shot Base - Jump Shot 2

Elijah Johnson:
Shooting Form - Paul Pierce
Shot Base - Jump Shot 15

Lorenzo Brown:
Shooting Form - Release 52
Shot Base - Rudy Gay

Trey Burke:
Shooting Form - Release 62
Shot Base - Jump Shot 31

Phil Pressey:
Shooting Form - Release 29
Shot Base - Jump Shot 32

Dmitry Kulagin:
Shooting Form - Release 43
Shot Base - Jump Shot 22

Pierre Jackson:
Shooting Form - Vince Carter
Shot Base - Jump Shot 26

Nate Wolters:
Shooting Form - Release 9
Shot Base - Jump Shot 15

Peyton Siva:
Shooting Form - Release 68
Shot Base - Jump Shot 4

Brandon Triche:
Shooting Form - Release 35
Shot Base - Jump Shot 22

Matthew Dellavedova:
Shooting Form - Manu Ginobili
Shot Base - Jump Shot 4

Hardcore fans of these guys might know of better combinations, but I feel like these are pretty accurate. Hope it helps.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
MVP

Chiliad-

Thats awesome, if you've got sigs for guys at other positions I'd love to check those out. I've got sigs for a few bigs that include post moves if you're interested...

If you want we can split up what's possible for the 2014 class.

I checked out your thread and I noticed that you've got a bit more international guys than me. I know that in past years theres been as many as 9 guys (I'm going off memory), I chose to go with fewer INT. players because teams tend to punt their second round pick on a guys that are a few years away from being NBA ready an just hold their rights. Think T-wolves and Rubio.

I chose to go with fewer INT guys, that way I would have to nuke their ratings. After a season the CPU is just gonna drop them almost regardless of their potential rating.

I still kept the lottery guys like Gobert and Saric, mixed in a few 1990 guys and will add more in next yrs class.

STANCE GUIDE
MOTION GUIDE
Old 10-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
Rookie

chiliad's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
Chiliad-

Thats awesome, if you've got sigs for guys at other positions I'd love to check those out. I've got sigs for a few bigs that include post moves if you're interested...

If you want we can split up what's possible for the 2014 class.

I checked out your thread and I noticed that you've got a bit more international guys than me. I know that in past years theres been as many as 9 guys (I'm going off memory), I chose to go with fewer INT. players because teams tend to punt their second round pick on a guys that are a few years away from being NBA ready an just hold their rights. Think T-wolves and Rubio.

I chose to go with fewer INT guys, that way I would have to nuke their ratings. After a season the CPU is just gonna drop them almost regardless of their potential rating.

I still kept the lottery guys like Gobert and Saric, mixed in a few 1990 guys and will add more in next yrs class.
I just feel like with this class being one of the weaker ones in recent memory there are going to be an abnormal number of international guys. I usually control all 30 teams anyway so I can keep the international guys around from year to year and pretend they're "stash" players. Although 2K deciding to remove the D-League makes that a little more difficult this year.

And I'll see what I can get to you as far as other sig shots. I'll shoot you a PM later tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »