Home

Best Slot Receiver for Franchise

This is a discussion on Best Slot Receiver for Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best Slot Receiver for Franchise

Whats up Madden fans. I'm in the middle of a franchise with the NYJ and I wanted to know who is you guys favorite madden 13 "slot receiver". Percy Harvin was a free agent in the 2 year of my franchise and I picked him up and used him strictly as a 3rd WR and he's naturally been a beast. I'm also a fan of Dexter mcCluster. I think he has 93 speed, and 95 acceleration
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Best Slot Receiver for Franchise

Well, I use the Vikings, so I like Percy, but other than him I like Devry Henderson.

Check out my NCAA 14 UTEP Miners Dynasty! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-dynasty.html
Old 10-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

It probably depends what you're looking for. I like to use my slot receivers for short possession routes and Davone Bess is excellent at that. In nearly every game he averages right around 10 YPC and will finish with 6-8 catches (obviously sometimes more or less on both numbers).

The main ratings I care about with regards to slot guys are catching, acceleration, and route running. Actually, because I don't run very many go routes in general, speed is one of my least valued ratings in a receiver regardless of where he lines up. I don't deliberately look for a slow player, but I'd rather have someone who will catch the ball than someone who can run around everyone.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Davone Bess and Jonathon Baldwin have been my favorite 2 slots, and running with the Vikings, I like switching Simpson and Victor Cruz (traded for him) Simpson gets nice separation on deep routes and Cruz will catch anything.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Trindon Holiday is a monster. You will need to increase his catch rating, as he has dropped many. However, through 8 games, he has almost 1,000 yards and 14 touchdowns. He is also cheap to get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

Jordan Shipley or Deon Butler. If you're lucky, Shipley will be on the FA market in year 1 pre-season
Old 10-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Got to yeard 3 in the Seahawks CC. Picked up Anquan Boldin who has a 98 CIT. Put im as my third reciever even though he is better than all of them. Sidney Rice is #1 and a rookie is at #2.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
Rookie

G3X Enigma's Arena

Devery Henderson if you are looking for a speedy target, and Laurent Robinsin is a possession freak! If you get into a draft that has a wr named Tyrone Bender.....draft him immediately!!! Im in a year two ccm with the jets and that kid is my slot receiver leading the league in receiving yards. Great getting seperation against the nickel back or any safety, and he will catch anything near him.....only 67 ovr but the kid is a monster.

Washington State Cougars
9-5 (7-3)
Alamo Bowl Winners

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »