Home

Have You Ever Sucessfully Rebuilt A Team In Franchis Mode?

This is a discussion on Have You Ever Sucessfully Rebuilt A Team In Franchis Mode? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Have You Ever Sucessfully Rebuilt A Team In Franchis Mode?

I started a franchise just for fun with the Chicago Cubs, I decided to completely go into a rebuilding mode too see how long it would take me to build a World Series capable team. Well, after going through 8 consecutive losing seasons, my Cubs team made the playoffs in 2021 and defeated the Rangers in the World Series 4 games to 1. That raised my curiosity, have you ever gone into full rebuilding mode before and eventually built up a winning team? If so how long did it take you to finally build a World Series capable team and what were some of your big moves?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Have You Ever Sucessfully Rebuilt A Team In Franchis Mode?

I'm trying to right now with the Cubs. I just started a few days ago. I fully simmed year one with OSFM updated rosters and trades/injuries turned off so that I could get to year 2 like I'm managing this upcoming year. All I have to say is boy is it hard as hell. When you have nobody to trade and your farm system is weak there is nothing you can do. Also in FA I've tried for top guys and they don't really want any business with you unless you offer an absurd amount of money. It honestly sucks. Luckily for me Soriano retired after year 1 so that contract was in the books.

I do have a question. How the hell do you draft? It's one thing I still haven't figured out with this game. I mean I check out the top prospects and what not so that I somewhat know who I should take, but after I get to round 2-end of draft I normally take the top rated player (which isn't smart). I normally can't ever see their potential so that's why I take the best player. Those players also end up as D or F potential players. So I guess what is the key to drafting?
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 10-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I'm trying to right now with the Cubs. I just started a few days ago. I fully simmed year one with OSFM updated rosters and trades/injuries turned off so that I could get to year 2 like I'm managing this upcoming year. All I have to say is boy is it hard as hell. When you have nobody to trade and your farm system is weak there is nothing you can do. Also in FA I've tried for top guys and they don't really want any business with you unless you offer an absurd amount of money. It honestly sucks. Luckily for me Soriano retired after year 1 so that contract was in the books.

I do have a question. How the hell do you draft? It's one thing I still haven't figured out with this game. I mean I check out the top prospects and what not so that I somewhat know who I should take, but after I get to round 2-end of draft I normally take the top rated player (which isn't smart). I normally can't ever see their potential so that's why I take the best player. Those players also end up as D or F potential players. So I guess what is the key to drafting?
Scouting. Do you scout the top players until their potentials are revealed?
I find it better to manually scout the players than let the computer AUTO scout.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3RIS3H
Scouting. Do you scout the top players until their potentials are revealed?
I find it better to manually scout the players than let the computer AUTO scout.
Ya I scout players but am sort of lazy when it comes to it, which I shouldn't be. I do some manual but also leave it up to the CPU. Normally the only potentials I get revealed are the top players who you would take in the first round. Then there are many guys who are scouted that don't get fully scouted and the potential is not available. I should probably pay a little more attention to scouting though.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 10-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33

When you go to draft just look at the players with the "targets" next to them, those are usually the scouted players. Then look on their card before you draft them and most of the time it will show their potential, just draft the highest A or B prospect available and it will work out, I got my all-star closer like that in the 2013 Draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPadres2012
When you go to draft just look at the players with the "targets" next to them, those are usually the scouted players. Then look on their card before you draft them and most of the time it will show their potential, just draft the highest A or B prospect available and it will work out, I got my all-star closer like that in the 2013 Draft.
Yep I do all of that it just seems that I never have the potential unlocked so I end up drafting the highest rated player with an F potential. I guess I just have to scout players longer.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 10-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
Rookie

pickle2002's Arena

I tryed it with Boston but I found it hard.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Frank is the Tank's Arena

Almost completed with a complete rebuild with the Yankees. Only real Yankees left in the roster is Cano, Boone Logan, Joba Chamberlain, and CC. In 2016 season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »