Home

Does the accelerated clock work right?

This is a discussion on Does the accelerated clock work right? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
Does the accelerated clock work right?

Sometimes the play screen pops up with just 25 seconds showing on the play clock, and I haven't picked a play, just first shot at seeing play selection. I tried the runoff to 20 and 25 but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have it set for 12 minute quarters. I even tried turning accelerated clock off but that doesn't do anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Does the accelerated clock work right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Sometimes the play screen pops up with just 25 seconds showing on the play clock, and I haven't picked a play, just first shot at seeing play selection. I tried the runoff to 20 and 25 but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have it set for 12 minute quarters. I even tried turning accelerated clock off but that doesn't do anything.
That's because after penalties and change of possession, you only have 25 seconds instead of the usual 40.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

If I run the ball out of bounds the game clock stops immediately after the run, however upon calling a new play, time is deducted from the clock and it starts up again instead of properly sitting at the time of which my runningback ran out of bounds (whereby stopping the clock). Similarly if you supersim to change position (ie skip the extra point and kickoff) you will notice that the clock is winding down before the CPU has made a play- which as we all know is incorrect. So in conclusion I think it is safe to say that the game clock- not just the accelerated clock- doesn't work right.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
The game clock is correct and works the same it does in real life. If you run out of bounds outside of the last 5 minutes of each half the game clock starts again once the ball is set.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Works right for me.

That's one thing they did well with M13. And I love that you can change the AC in one-second increments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
MVP

Well, it doesn't matter anymore. Even though I was winning 21-0 against the 49ers, I had to quit the game and shut off the PS3. The niners offensive lineman ran out a good 20 yards to block my FS on a run. That was just one of the things that killed this game for me.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Well, it doesn't matter anymore. Even though I was winning 21-0 against the 49ers, I had to quit the game and shut off the PS3. The niners offensive lineman ran out a good 20 yards to block my FS on a run. That was just one of the things that killed this game for me.
The clock works right, but the play you referred too, also has happened to me at least a few times. This game has so many bugs, I'm thinking about calling Orkin to exterminate it.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlboy82
The clock works right, but the play you referred too, also has happened to me at least a few times. This game has so many bugs, I'm thinking about calling Orkin to exterminate it.
Ehrlich's comes to my home on a regular basis, so I'll ask him to spray my copy of Madden 13 and maybe that will help

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »