Home

Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Finisher...

it's damn near impossible for CPU players on my team or me in MC to make a layup in the the paint with a little bit of contact without that skill.

Career 1:
Kevin Love gets a mismatch with CJ Watson on him in the post, he backs him down, get him under the rim, turn baseline for the layup off glass, Watson jumps late making a little contact with Love and Love misses the shot.

Career 2:
Roy Hibbert posts up Derozan on the left block, I pass him the ball and he goes up for a baby hook Derozan stands there and makes some contact with Hibbert he changes the shot and misses it.

With my SF I get Duncan on the perimeter, I have 85 speed and 90 quickness, it should be an easy blow by for a layup(91) or dunk(87)(94 SIT) I get the blow by but Duncan is able to recover a bit as I get to the paint and raise up for a dunk I get little contact from Duncan from the side instead of finishing the the dunk my does a double clutch layup-push shot animation and bricks off the side of the rim.

Last edited by nova91; 10-22-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Finisher...

Yeah, you can't make anything inside if there's even a little bit of contact without finisher. What really gets me, is when you have the open layup, but the defender is kind of there, so you're sucked into that layup animation where you fade back. That shot never falls, and really makes me mad considering I shouldn't go to the animation in the first place.

I finally got finisher for my player, and it's crazy how much it helps.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeman2525
Yeah, you can't make anything inside if there's even a little bit of contact without finisher. What really gets me, is when you have the open layup, but the defender is kind of there, so you're sucked into that layup animation where you fade back. That shot never falls, and really makes me mad considering I shouldn't go to the animation in the first place.

I finally got finisher for my player, and it's crazy how much it helps.
I hate that fade layup animation, it seems like it never goes in or gets blocked even with finisher
Old 10-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Finisher does nothing at all.
At least not for me. ( I have $$$ and maxed myplayer out with bought VC)
Almost 99 everything and still don't make layups. Even with finisher level 3
Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Agreed, Brook lopez (A top offensive center) misses stuff he hits while sleeping in rl because of a tiny bit of defence, even though he has a clear shot most of the time. Just the presence of someone in the paint is enough.

On the other hand.... he is 50x better at defending in 2K then he is at rl (Horrible in RL) so I guess 2K makes up for it in that sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

I noticed this as well. 99% of the time you get bumped you miss and that shouldn't be the case. Certainly, the probability should be lowered with contact but not as low as it is currently. Finisher and acrobat definitely help, and maybe that was there intention. I hate when I'm on a fast break with a cpu defender back and he clips my guy ever so slightly and clank. Euro, same thing. Again, I don't want contact layups to be the norm, but just adjusted a little bit maybe so that every time I get contact I don't know I missed before the shot even goes up. Of course, they would need to lower perimeter shot success to even out fg %.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Rookie

I had a different problem here, I've got two careers, one as a scoring sf, one as an athletic sf. Both have finisher, and with the scorer, it's tremendously helpful, but with the athlete, I finally just unequipped it, because he was clearly worse at layups with it. Anybody had a similar issue?
Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #8
Just started!

Finisher does nothing at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »