Home

Awesome Madden 12 Draft Classes via Xan's Editor!

This is a discussion on Awesome Madden 12 Draft Classes via Xan's Editor! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
Rookie

Noose's Arena

OVR: 8
Awesome Madden 12 Draft Classes via Xan's Editor!

As many or some of you know, I had teamed up with Cursive to begin working on draft classes for Madden 2012 using Xan's epic Editor. Those first 2 versions can be found in Cursives thread. However, I have since taken this class as my own and have completely tuned it for a pretty sweet draft experience. What you'll find in my classes are all the unanimous projected draft prospects, with a few underdogs thrown in. Sadly I'm not employed by any team as a real draft scout, so I used many internet mocks and prospect ratings sites to come up with the best I could in terms of highest to lowest rated players.

For the first 3 versions of the 2013 class I have been sticking to just one set of players until they were all complete. This allows for the development of complete players that can be exported out and saved as I import in new prospects over the season. The extra players will be available for importing into franchise as UDFA's.

I will continue to update the class as the season progresses, as well as contribute to further classes such as 2014 and on. I hope to not attack the project as hard and frequently as I did this class. At first I was pretty stoked to have Xans editor I couldn't help myself, but now have to make sure it doesn't eat my time. So I plan to provide new updates each week, likely Mondays with changes to current class as well as post new classes. All changes will be posted here on the first page.

What I hope to have accomplished in the class:

-All players Height/Weight/College/ should be accurate
-All players should have proper skin tones and hair
-All players portraits set to close resemblance
-All players body comps done and set to close resemblance for the most part(no wing pads, no chicken arms, boob glitch or any of the other oddities)
-Nearly all players equipment is accurate(no lineman masks on skill players and vice verse)
-All players potential set, with some set higher and some set lower for bust possibilities.
-Most significant top round player roles sets(could still use further work)
-QB tendencies, stances and throwing motions set(thanks illQuille)
-Players should have numbers used in college if available. If player had worn a number in college not usually worn at the position in the pro's. It has been set to a number of the position.
-All players set to projected draft position, to keep it random and interesting I set players like Matt Barkley and Geno Smith to same projection. Scouting will have CPU taking either before or after. Most drafts I have done have worked out really good with CPU picks. Might need further tinkering but is a great place to start. Some stupid CPU picks just can't be avoided. However, if using csv file to import be sure to use "draft fix" in editor before sending to USB. This fixes the QB drafted to teams with franchise QB's.
-All player ratings have been done, and are consistent. No players with 20 AWR or 30 ACC from weak NCAA 12 roster edits. All player ratings are based of 2013 Madden 13 rookie class by round and position.

If you do not want to know overalls. Do not view the .csv, do not sim outside of preseason.

So with all that here is Draft class 2013 version 3 in .CSV format for editor imports:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?jqmxbe9s12m5cxg

Here is the class loaded on a franchise file preseason, to view players in class via scouting franchise year 1 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?rkczk9xc0iomer4

Here is the class loaded onto franchise file post draft. Players can be viewed via player management franchise year 2:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fxc23fdomxpdm9f

**Draft class 2014: I have yet to find the time to finish this, which sucks. But In fear of not being able to get to it sooner then later. I don't want what I've done to be wasted, so if you cannot wait and would like to have a go at finishing it up to your liking. It still needs a bit of work, including all players beyond DT Mcullers, as well as ratings, roles, and draft picks. Every player before is done including only portraits, and body comps. Hopefully I can resume my work on this, but until then here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?dw5d8birycjul8b

Please, if you have any suggestions for improvement or player CAPs to request for player database, please post them.

Thanks everyone for the help. Most importantly Thanks to DhsMustang, Xanathol, Cursive for getting the ball rolling on this! Also thanks to everyone else out there working on something that'll make Madden 12.5(Schedules, Coaches, Drafts, and Base Roster) awesome! If you intend to use this as a base elsewhere, please give credit where it's due!

Last edited by Noose; 11-13-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Awesome Madden 12 Draft Classes via Xan's Editor!

You guys are making Madden 12 amazing. Even though it takes a little reading and work. I'd much rather play 12 than 13 simply because of the user control if for no other reason at all! Thank you guys for all of your hard work and dedication. I can't wait to see what the future holds and people start putting out classic seasons!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Banned

illQuille's Arena

OVR: 1

I haven't used the newest editor yet, what is the "draft fix" feature?
Old 10-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Noose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illQuille
I haven't used the newest editor yet, what is the "draft fix" feature?
Using the editor draft fix will keep a team with a "franchise QB" on the roster, from drafting a QB with a high pick.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
Rookie

Dylan Marshall Swb's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noose
Using the editor draft fix will keep a team with a "franchise QB" on the roster, from drafting a QB with a high pick.
I'll be going through and putting Roles on many players, especially QBs. Have that out soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Noose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Marshall Swb
I'll be going through and putting Roles on many players, especially QBs. Have that out soon.
Nice, that'l be cool, and keep the draft better. Not sure how the draft fix works for other players, but it would be cool to set franchise players if possible at other positions. Also, any thoughts on contracts in your roster? I know for sure steven jackson should be dropped to 1 year. Thanks SWB
Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Dylan Marshall Swb's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noose
Nice, that'l be cool, and keep the draft better. Not sure how the draft fix works for other players, but it would be cool to set franchise players if possible at other positions. Also, any thoughts on contracts in your roster? I know for sure steven jackson should be dropped to 1 year. Thanks SWB
That will be time consuming, but I'd like to get that done. I know if you right click on a player and hit on the Rotoworld option, it gives contracts. Maybe X could add a Rotoworld contract transfer option, but I'm not to overly concerned with it right this second.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Marshall Swb
That will be time consuming, but I'd like to get that done. I know if you right click on a player and hit on the Rotoworld option, it gives contracts. Maybe X could add a Rotoworld contract transfer option, but I'm not to overly concerned with it right this second.
I gave thought to it but (1) the format Rotoworld shows the info in isn't always consistent (2) Madden hates real contracts; ironically, Madden generated contracts tend to be higher than real world, yet the salary caps I think are lower ( use to be able to find this in the franchise file, but would have to hunt for it now ).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »