Home

Simming or playing practise sessions in Coach CCM?

This is a discussion on Simming or playing practise sessions in Coach CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Icon5 Simming or playing practise sessions in Coach CCM?

hey guys, im looking for realism meaning i want my players to develope close to real life. i have to admit i dont really know how the whole XP system in madden works. i assume that you can invest the XP you earned in practise into improving the ratings of your players, is that correct so far? and i know that playing the practise sessions yourself provides you with a higher number of XPs. to be honest im actually not very keen on playing through all of them the entire season..
so now im wondering how can i achieve a realistic player progession, will it only be possible with doing all the practises myself (many XP) or will it be enough to sim them ( meaning less XP avaiable for me). or with other words how many experience points are sufficient to have my players developing just as they should, compareable how they do in real life.
ps.if i should have missunderstood the whole concept of player progression and XP please let me know lol

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Re: Simming or playing practise sessions in Coach CCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
hey guys, im looking for realism meaning i want my players to develope close to real life. i have to admit i dont really know how the whole XP system in madden works. i assume that you can invest the XP you earned in practise into improving the ratings of your players, is that correct so far? and i know that playing the practise sessions yourself provides you with a higher number of XPs. to be honest im actually not very keen on playing through all of them the entire season..
so now im wondering how can i achieve a realistic player progession, will it only be possible with doing all the practises myself (many XP) or will it be enough to sim them ( meaning less XP avaiable for me). or with other words how many experience points are sufficient to have my players developing just as they should, compareable how they do in real life.
ps.if i should have missunderstood the whole concept of player progression and XP please let me know lol
anybody?

Old 10-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1

It doesn't really give you an option to "sim" the practices and you don't get any XP just letting them go by when you sim the week.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqui15
It doesn't really give you an option to "sim" the practices and you don't get any XP just letting them go by when you sim the week.
thanks for the answer!

ahh i thought you can sim them cos when looking at the "practise" in your "checklist" under "my actions" in ccm it says you simulate the practise by pressing the X bottom. anyways didnt know until now that you get 0 XP when not playing the practise scenarios yourself..
so if i dont play will it still be possible to develope the skills of my players sufficiently (with e.g. the XPs im getting by fulfilling weekly goals)?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

You can skip the practices, the only penalty is u don't earn the XPs. After a while they pretty much get repetitous. I've had some good practices. No option to change playbook or opposing strategy though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

the only penalty is u don't earn the XPs.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:55 AM   #7
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamcurti
the only penalty is u don't earn the XPs.
but will i still have enough xpto develope my team like it would in real life? or will the xp im missing out on come back to hunt me some time later?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
but will i still have enough xpto develope my team like it would in real life? or will the xp im missing out on come back to hunt me some time later?
You'll be fine - the majority of the XP comes from the actual games but it only goes to the guys who actually play. So, for a position with a good amount of subs (RB, DL), your starters will get a lot of XP & your backups will get a lower amount, but they will have lower ratings that cost less to improve. It works out.

Practice is good if you want to improve a lot of younger guys that won't see the field (especially backup QBs) & get coach XP for scouting. What I usually do is just run Cake Walk, only takes about five minutes with excellerated clock & it's so easy that you can pretty much just look up things on the internet to kill time while it's happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »