Home

I almost broke my fifa disc today, next time I won't contain myself.

This is a discussion on I almost broke my fifa disc today, next time I won't contain myself. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Angry I almost broke my fifa disc today, next time I won't contain myself.

I don't know how to embed YouTube videos and I'm on an ipad so it's too complicated, but this video ----> http://youtu.be/qMMxTyEcyYE proves exactly what I'm talking about.

Before you watch let me set the stage. I am QPR, I've worked hard to get to capital one cup final. I'm playing on world class. The final is vs Chelsea to start the game they ninja dribble trough my defense and score at the one minute mark -_- just before the half they score on a nice breakaway. To start the second I go full offense and manage to get a few nice plays and cut it down to 2-1. At about the 80 minute mark, I get taken down inside area (my player was even injured it was so bad) and I score to tie the game 2-2 amazingly. So the game is ending, I'm headed to overtime and then the above video happens... Of course he shoots it right down the middle and I lose the game 3-2. The ref gives 1 minute extra time... For 6 substitutions and 2 penalties -_-.

Just 1 week before the match I had wooded Chelsea in their home 4-2 with half reserves and them at full squad.

I played this game last night and LOST 3-1 in extra time on 2 ridiculous plays where the ball trickles by my 85 rated goal keep with slider set ay goalkeeper ability at 60. Why do I even try!? Why did I even replay this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
You could always sim the match, because when the AI wants to screw you like that, you have just about as much control over the outcome either way.

Sometimes it plays fine, sometimes it plays unfair. EA didnt think it was time for you to win the Capital One Cup, apparently.

FIFA has spoken.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: I almost broke my fifa disc today, next time I won't contain myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
You could always sim the match, because when the AI wants to screw you like that, you have just about as much control over the outcome either way.

Sometimes it plays fine, sometimes it plays unfair. EA didnt think it was time for you to win the Capital One Cup, apparently.

FIFA has spoken.

I get that feeling a lot. Like 10 minutes into the game, I can get a feeling if its gonna "let" me win or not. Amazing very next game vs Southampton I lose 3-2 on a late penalty AGaIN, I have sliders set at CPU shot and pass error 60 and they get 90% Passaig acc and 89% shooting acc, WHaT ThE FUUUuUuUuUuUuUck?

I am now drinking away my fifa pains patiently waiting for the walking dead to start

Last edited by wadeJAMESbosh; 10-21-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

There are times when this is the most fun game I've played in a long time, there are times when it's easily the most frustrating.

I know they'd say there's no comeback code, and maybe there isn't, but things like that certainly seem to indicate that there is.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

ok so you fouled the cpu and now you are mad because it was called ? am i missing something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
ok so you fouled the cpu and now you are mad because it was called ? am i missing something.
Foul? At least 5 or 6 times a game I get taken down way worse than that and get No calls. I mean the defender literally drops me, pulls down my pants and makes sweet soccer love to me and I get NO calls. This was no foul sir, this happens 30 times a game in a real soccer game and never ever gets called. You know what they do to refs who call this irl? They investigate them for betting or throwing games.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I do wonder about this "scripting effect" at times. Some days it feels like all of my passes are off, my players never go on runs, or assume decent positions, the cpu gets away with all the fouls, and I lose every loose ball. I guess that is sort of what happens in sports, but it seems so artificial in FIFA. It's like all those things mentioned above align into a huge mess in FIFA's version of an "bad" game.

If I am human, I will have a bad day on my own without the need for the game to inhibit its mechanics to the detriment of my team. Let my guys play according to their ratings, and I'll have the success or failure on my own.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I do wonder about this "scripting effect" at times. Some days it feels like all of my passes are off, my players never go on runs, or assume decent positions, the cpu gets away with all the fouls, and I lose every loose ball. I guess that is sort of what happens in sports, but it seems so artificial in FIFA. It's like all those things mentioned above align into a huge mess in FIFA's version of an "bad" game.

If I am human, I will have a bad day on my own without the need for the game to inhibit its mechanics to the detriment of my team. Let my guys play according to their ratings, and I'll have the success or failure on my own.
That's my whole thing...if you're in a cup final, it's already a big enough deal and you already have pressure. Maybe the other team plays a little better than normal to simulate the pressure as well, but there's no reason to let the game itself decide an outcome. It's stupid, and it's a cheap way to simulate difficulty. I just don't understand why they think we don't notice that fouls are called unfairly or that balls unrealistically bounce the CPUs way. If you're going to put it in, at least make it a little less obvious.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »