Home

Biggest Problem With EA's Ratings: They Are Too High!!

This is a discussion on Biggest Problem With EA's Ratings: They Are Too High!! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Biggest Problem With EA's Ratings: They Are Too High!!

The ratings are just insanely too high across the board!

A QB with 80-90 QB ACC is robo-QB.

A RB with 90-95 Speed and Acceleration never use special moves because they just Sonic Hedgehog around and outrun everybody.

Defensive players with 85+ Play Recognition read everything and the run game/option game gas no shot at working.

I am convinced now more than ever that this game plays best when player ratings are lowered across the board for certain ratings. I'm not just talking about 2 or 3 points here or there. I'm talking about 20-30 point hits.

The only drawbacks to doing this is:

1) The player tendency change. In order to lower ratings but keep a players tendency what it is you have to compensate by changing other ratings. But, if you go too low then the tendency will be messed up.

2) I believe that the Championship Contender Pitch and where players get drafted have more to do with the OVERALL player rating moreso than production. Lowering player ratings across the board will lower overall ratings and what will end up happening is your players always getting drafted in the late rounds thus your pitch always being low.

But, i think EA really needs to reconsider their ratings scale. A player in this game can have 75 speed and still be fast in this game. 95 speed is ridiculous in this game...and the field is too small for guys to be that fast.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 10-19-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Biggest Problem With EA's Ratings: They Are Too High!!

The ai coaching aggression is far too aggressive... Ive found if you lean more towards the conservative side on that...both offensively and defensively...that the play calling os more life like. Also with the defensive one set more on the conservative side... Ive noticed the db's seem to be in a much better spot..especially the safeties.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #3
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
The ratings are just insanely too high across the board!

A QB with 80-90 QB ACC is robo-QB.

A RB with 90-95 Speed and Acceleration never use special moves because they just Sonic Hedgehog around and outrun everybody.

Defensive players with 85+ Play Recognition read everything and the run game/option game gas no shot at working.

I am convinced now more than ever that this game plays best when player ratings are lowered across the board for certain ratings. I'm not just talking about 2 or 3 points here or there. I'm talking about 20-30 point hits.

The only drawbacks to doing this is:

1) The player tendency change. In order to lower ratings but keep a players tendency what it is you have to compensate by changing other ratings. But, if you go too low then the tendency will be messed up.

2) I believe that the Championship Contender Pitch and where players get drafted have more to do with the OVERALL player rating moreso than production. Lowering player ratings across the board will lower overall ratings and what will end up happening is your players always getting drafted in the late rounds thus your pitch always being low.

But, i think EA really needs to reconsider their ratings scale. A player in this game can have 75 speed and still be fast in this game. 95 speed is ridiculous in this game...and the field is too small for guys to be that fast.
I assume the quote I highlighted in red would affect pro potential as well am I right? Lower rated players don't get drafted. I assume the only fix is to re-rate the rosters of all the team as well as re-rated all incoming frosh and JUCOs.

I've just finished re-editing Oregon's roster and I used nfl draft scout to check 40 times, plus I used the scale from last year's roster guide to apply the correct speed ratings. Barner is their fastest player in a straight line according to the 40 times with a 93. I'm gonna shave 10-15 points of speed off of every player on the team and then test it out.

I also co-sign what you wrote about play recognition being too high across the boards. This really rears it's ugly head on AA and Heisman levels. Just too many plays being busted up behind the LOS and as you said the option game has no chance. Pursuit is too high as well. LBs also by default are just too fast when you compare their given speed to their 40 times.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 5

The rating are too high in many cases. Here's the issue. You can edit all existing rosters and get something realistic and playable. It's the recruiting that will make things difficult long-term. You're going to get some truly dominant underclassmen as some of the four and five star players sign with a program.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by unctarheel19
The ai coaching aggression is far too aggressive... Ive found if you lean more towards the conservative side on that...both offensively and defensively...that the play calling os more life like. Also with the defensive one set more on the conservative side... Ive noticed the db's seem to be in a much better spot..especially the safeties.
Completely agree. Coaching philosophies have to be adjusted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by unctarheel19
Which way are you moving that slider, because the defense seems to call less blitzes at 85/15 than they do at 15/85.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im thinking the higher the number the more conservative it is... Ive got mine set at 65. This is one of those thing that i think is reversed... Until i really started to look at it...i always thought the higher the number the more aggressive it was...but that doesnt seem to be the case

This has helped alleviate alot of the horrible lb play in pass coverage on underneath routes

Once the roster share is up... Im gunna go through all the coaches and adjust this setting.

Last edited by unctarheel19; 10-19-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I just had my first "to hell with this game" moment. I was playing as Miami vs Va Tech and they ran a speed option as Logan pitched the ball HB to the stupid some 10 to 12. It's happened many times before but after all of the edits and hard work trying to get this game right and to still see crap like that...it's beyond frustrating. I shut the game down after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »