Home

Lack of CPU penalties in GM Connected co-op/OTP?

This is a discussion on Lack of CPU penalties in GM Connected co-op/OTP? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
WAZ
Rookie

WAZ's Arena

OVR: 5
Question Lack of CPU penalties in GM Connected co-op/OTP?

So tuner 1.04 (and presumably 1.05) have done a nice job of addressing the CPU penalty issue in offline games. Even if I load up GM Connected but just play a singleplayer game, the CPU will take 2-3 penalties. Would still be nice to see more, with several no-calls even when I'm tackled and the sliders are maxed... but a couple PP's per game is a positive at least.

Contrast that with games when I invite a friend to play co-op OTP versus the CPU. Same mode, same settings, same tuner, same maxed penalty sliders, and still playing against CPU teams. But instead of "Play vs the CPU" it's "Play vs the CPU using OTP".

Now in this mode, we are still getting called for 4-6 penalties per game and getting ZERO PP's. I think the CPU may have gotten called once for roughing after the whistle... but otherwise we're still getting zero calls against the CPU, even with the 1.04 tuner that improved penalties for singleplayer games.

Is anyone else still having this issue? It's just strange that the tuner would affect skating, CPU behavior, etc... but once you add a second player against that CPU, the tuner reverts to not affecting penalties. Anyway, was just curious how others were faring, and if it IS still an issue, hopefully it's something EA is looking at for future tuners and/or a patch.

Last edited by WAZ; 10-17-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
WAZ
Rookie

WAZ's Arena

Re: Lack of CPU penalties in GM Connected co-op/OTP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAZ
Is anyone else still having this issue?
So I'll take that as a no...?

Or maybe not many people play GM Connected using co-op/OTP versus the CPU. Either way, hopefully EA is aware for future tuners/patches. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

roughing, cross checking,....these penalties don't even exist in this game.

obstruction penalties once did, now no more.

Sucks, because the PP/PK is a huge part of hockey, but this game seems to be anti-whistles.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

I've just been playing "Play Now" games offline, fully update with the latest tuner and all, and CPU penalties seem to have disappeared again.

Last 3-4 games using 10 minute periods, zero penalties from the CPU.

Then today I saw the list of what's coming in the update, nothing mentioned about it, or the CPU instigating fights.

Pretty lame man, pretty lame.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
WAZ
Rookie

WAZ's Arena

Yeah, it's a little discouraging to not see CPU penalties addressed in the patch. It wouldn't be a problem for me if the same improvements tuners 1.04/1.05 made to penalties in "offline" games vs the CPU also affected co-op OTP games vs the CPU.

For some reason the rest of the tuner's effects (i.e. skating and goalies) seem to show up fine in OTP... just not the penalty fixes which make our GM Connected kind of frustrating. We're really enjoying it otherwise, but having ZERO powerplays — basically ever — is pretty rough. Hopefully tuner 1.06 or a second patch can address this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah, I really haven't been seeing any penalties in my two GM connected leagues. Regular online VS and offline play are definitely improved, but no dice on GM connected..
Old 10-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Hey gainsey, sup bud lol.

Yea, I really hoped the patch would address the lack of CPU penalties. In my GM Connected, I have had 8 PP in 11 games, 4 of them user games, and have been shorthanded 8 times as well.

With PP and PK being such an integral part of the sport, it baffles me that there is no way to adjust the sliders yourself for the league. In Madden GM Connected, the commish has the option to adjust any slider he wants whenever he wants, why not in NHL?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
WAZ
Rookie

WAZ's Arena

So here's a highlight from a game we played the other night. Again, this is GM Connected played as co-op/OTP versus the CPU. In this game we had 4 penalties called against us, and just one against the CPU (on an unrelated tripping call).

So here is Patrick Kane being murdered -- shivved to death by the CPU before a crowd of 21,000:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/141988469

No penalty was called and the CPU skated off with the puck without a care in the world. It's not uncommon for us to be tripped or basically tackled, with the CPU easily taking us out of the play whether we have the puck or not, and have them not be called for it. We've been getting a PP or two here or there, but with all the penalty sliders and CPU aggression sliders all maxed, shenanigans like this should DEFINITELY be called.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »