Home

Be a GM Roster Limit Glitch

This is a discussion on Be a GM Roster Limit Glitch within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Rookie

Keytosa's Arena

OVR: 2
Be a GM Roster Limit Glitch

I've found some interesting things in Be a GM. Just to lay the ground, I've edited all NHL and AHL teams so that each NHL team has a forward and defenseman scratched, and each AHL team has two forwards and a defenseman scratched. Each team also has 2 goalies in both AHL and the NHL. So going into the Be a GM, each franchise has 41 skaters. So here's where the weird stuff happens. I start a new Be a GM with salary cap ON and have tested this with multiple teams:

-The CPU signs random guys to my AHL club BEFORE I even start by Be a GM. Meaning they're not in the actual roster going into my Be a GM. The first thing I do is check my AHL roster and all these random guys are scratched that I DID NOT SIGN.

-The number of random signings varies.

-Even if the CPU only randomly signs one person, that should put my player total to 42, so I should be able to sign 3 more skaters to fill the 45 skater limit. However, I can only sign 2.

This is really strange. I really hope that EA can fix this via patch. Has anybody experienced this or have any advice for me? I just really want to start my Be a GM and have spent a lot of time doing my rosters to make them "Be a GM ready." Thanks guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Keytosa's Arena

Re: Be a GM Roster Limit Glitch

So I have found out that these aren't just "random signings" like I originally thought. Turns out, these are actual prospects of the team but they are playing in other leagues than the CHL. Another find I made is that you can't send players back to the CHL anymore. So say I want to give Oulette (Wings prospect) a look in a preseason game, once I move him up, I can designate him to the AHL but I can't send him back to the CHL. I may be wrong, but couldn't we send players back to the CHL last year?

And as far as not being able to sign players, I have a bug on my hard drive or my roster file. I made a new profile and saved everything to my internal 4gb memory and I was able to sign players in Be a GM. Too bad it seems my profile is messed up. I still don't understand how this glitch happened.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4
If Oulette is 20 then he can be assigned to the Ahl.

I believe the overage rule for the CHL isn't in the game so they simplify things.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Keytosa's Arena

After some research and testing, it turns out that the 50 contract limit that includes both skaters and goalies in your organization also includes players that are in the CHL since they're technically still "under contract." And yes, players can only be sent back to the CHL if they are 18 or 19 years old. Also, it looks like the only way a player can play in another league and not be on your AHL roster (such as some prospects playing in the Elis.) is to be put in the CHL. Some players (Damien Brunner for example) are too old to be put in the CHL so they will just have to be put in the AHL. Sorry if I sounded like an idiot; I was just misinformed
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keytosa
So I have found out that these aren't just "random signings" like I originally thought. Turns out, these are actual prospects of the team but they are playing in other leagues than the CHL. Another find I made is that you can't send players back to the CHL anymore. So say I want to give Oulette (Wings prospect) a look in a preseason game, once I move him up, I can designate him to the AHL but I can't send him back to the CHL. I may be wrong, but couldn't we send players back to the CHL last year?

And as far as not being able to sign players, I have a bug on my hard drive or my roster file. I made a new profile and saved everything to my internal 4gb memory and I was able to sign players in Be a GM. Too bad it seems my profile is messed up. I still don't understand how this glitch happened.

If a team land the players rights it doesn't matter where there playing, unless there on the free agent list before you start your season. The dumb thing is a bunch of players need to be changed to the correct teams, but you can't edit that this year which is ultimately bogus. Anyone over 20 has to play in the ahl or nhl, you can't send them to the chl anymore or even europe for that matter. But anyways, if he is under 19 you still can send them back to junior after being with the nhl team. I'm Toronto, and i did it in my 2nd year with Morgan reilly. After 7 games they have to stay or go to the ahl I think ? I didnt push or test that, I tried him for the limit and sent him back. Hope this helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks. I ended up figuring it out. I won't be playing this game though unless EA releases a patch to fix some issues in Be a GM. Namely, counting CHL players to the 50-player contract limit, not allowing prospects to play in other leagues in the CHL (the issue in this thread), and some really odd player progression.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »