Home

Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
M12 vs M13

I've yet to purchase M13. Was awaiting the new Coach Mode patch. With that being said, I've heard there's still countless bugs and issues even with the newly released patch. So if you had to do it all over again, which would you choose to keep; M12 or M13?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: M12 vs M13

Without hesitation I would choose M13....
Old 10-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

I have both and can already tell you I will be buying 14..
Old 10-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

If you have an overwhelming need to control everything in franchise mode, stick with 12. Otherwise 13 is good.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #5
Rookie

The game play in m13 is way better I think the off n D are about the same level as they have been in a long time... But truthfully you can't compare the 2 anymore bc it seems madden kinda started over and if they focus on the development of ccm madden could be amazing!! But then again i don't complain bc my de arm looks small or all my players have the captain patch on ect.. Def love the salary cap being brought back but they def need to get the issues fixed but yea def excited on the direction madden is headed!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm sticking with Madden 12, and investing more and more time into enjoying it/improving my experience.

I also started up a Madden Blog here where you can read what I am doing and why I am doing it. [link in my signature.]

There is a lot I like about Madden 13 [ideas] but the execution is far from where I want it. We were told they spent two years working on 13... and that's what a lot of us wanted. However, it looks like they should have spent 3 or 4. I'm not very interested in 13 at all. I am more interested in hearing news for Madden 14.

I'm more than okay with missing Madden for a year. I have APF 2k8 if I crave really good game play, and I have Madden 12 with all my custom settings and playbooks and roster and such if I want the NFL.

It's all up to you and how you want to play. I love having a custom offensive and defensive playbook. I love being able to edit rosters & ratings, and to make all kinds of little tweaks & adjustments to the game. Draft story lines and a twitter feed are things I want in Madden franchise, but they are not worth the trade off and $60 to me.

Last edited by PGaither84; 10-17-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Personally I feel the gameplay is much better in 13, and the infinity engine is a step in the right direction. I can say that as far as picking up and playing a quick play now game, or an online match this is probably the most fun I have had with madden in a while. However being a big franchise player, while ccm is a cool concept and has the potential to be a refreshing change I feel they need to spend more time with it and work some things out. With out going in to a huge B***h fest I feel like a lot of things were overlooked, such as transaction logs, which is a pain not being able to see the transactions of the league.

Madden 13 feels like it could be a step in the right direction, lets just hope that 14 takes steps forward and builds on this not any steps back.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Even with it's issues, I greatly prefer M13 now. Don't think I could go back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »