Home

This is what I think happens at EA SPORTS

This is a discussion on This is what I think happens at EA SPORTS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is what I think happens at EA SPORTS

EA SPORTS Team Leader: We are going to need an extra few guys on the team to be able to finish and polish this game by the deadline.

EA: Nah, people will buy it either way. Do what you can.

EA SPORTS Team Leader: Are you sure? You guys make record profits from this game, im sure a few extra dollars wont hurt the company to make a better game.

EA: Yeah, but nah... We rather milk this game for every penny, it is a business after all.
----------------

I think people like Josh Looman are all very talented guys who want the best for the game, but when they work for a company whose agenda is to make as much money with the least amount spent in the way, there is only so much they can do. It sucks for us as they are right we will buy it either way, but cmon EA, you guys are banking, who cares if its not 2 billion, 1 billion still is a lot. They pretty much released a Beta version of madden because they didnt have enough people/time to get it finished by the release date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #2
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: This is what I think happens at EA SPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithxace
EA SPORTS Team Leader: We are going to need an extra few guys on the team to be able to finish and polish this game by the deadline.

EA: Nah, people will buy it either way. Do what you can.

EA SPORTS Team Leader: Are you sure? You guys make record profits from this game, im sure a few extra dollars wont hurt the company to make a better game.

EA: Yeah, but nah... We rather milk this game for every penny, it is a business after all.
----------------

I think people like Josh Looman are all very talented guys who want the best for the game, but when they work for a company whose agenda is to make as much money with the least amount spent in the way, there is only so much they can do. It sucks for us as they are right we will buy it either way, but cmon EA, you guys are banking, who cares if its not 2 billion, 1 billion still is a lot. They pretty much released a Beta version of madden because they didnt have enough people/time to get it finished by the release date.
More people doesn't necessarily mean that the game will be better. There are many problems with this, which I don't feel the need to get into at the moment.

I know that there are a lot of issues with Madden 13, but for all of the new stuff added this year, I don't see how any reasonable person would expect all of their favorite features to remain in the game and expect everything to work perfectly. We agree that the Madden team is full of passionate and quality people. It shouldn't be much harder for us to agree that these guys were able to accomplish a lot in the time they were given, and this game is anything but a beta version of the new Madden. The EA brass shouldn't be questioned this year considering the massive feature set for the game. Madden 13 obviously isn't Madden 12.5; it's a totally different game with many new features that set a foundation for the future.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
More people doesn't necessarily mean that the game will be better. There are many problems with this, which I don't feel the need to get into at the moment.

I know that there are a lot of issues with Madden 13, but for all of the new stuff added this year, I don't see how any reasonable person would expect all of their favorite features to remain in the game and expect everything to work perfectly. We agree that the Madden team is full of passionate and quality people. It shouldn't be much harder for us to agree that these guys were able to accomplish a lot in the time they were given, and this game is anything but a beta version of the new Madden. The EA brass shouldn't be questioned this year considering the massive feature set for the game. Madden 13 obviously isn't Madden 12.5; it's a totally different game with many new features that set a foundation for the future.
True, but when are they going to maximize the current features. Or each year just going to be a new build for the future. Next gen Madden and NCAA have been hell. Just constant patch-fests.

Seems to me like Madden is going in the direction of basically being an online-only game. Forget the offline modes and people that still play them. Nothing proves this more than CCM.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

MattInterllect, I think more people does make a difference. Im pretty sure they have two teams. One team that is working on long term projects (the physics engine/ccm for a couple years) and then theres the team that works for the the upcoming madden each year. More people means accomplishing these features sooner which means they can get to bug fetching quicker. Also more more people means more beta testers, so issues are more likely caught by them before being release.

I am not complaining about what they've added this year, im complaining about all the bugs. I hope they use the same basic system for the next gen consoles, id hate for them to fix all the bugs just to go to a new system with all new bugs in the future.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Not even going to let this go to that bad place.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »