Home

User Pass Rusher Stumbling????

This is a discussion on User Pass Rusher Stumbling???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6
User Pass Rusher Stumbling????

Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience: You are controlling a defensive lineman, swim or bull past your blocker and have a free line at the QB, and while only operating the left analog stick to move at the QB for the sack, the player you're controlling goes into a stumble animation?

In the past I thought maybe I was just pushing on the right analog stick too long and caused me to stumble, like when you try to hit stick and miss, but today it happened and I was clearly off my right stick and had taken 3 good steps towards the QB, and stumbling I go, pass complete....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
It happening all the time?? Maybe stumbling over o-lineman?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
Banned

californ14's Arena

Re: User Pass Rusher Stumbling????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
It happening all the time?? Maybe stumbling over o-lineman?
It happens every time I control the same player, and he breaks free of his block in line for the sack....

The only times it does not happen is if I break my initial block and then get blocked by another player, or if I switch to the player closet to the ball, in this case another pass rusher closer to the QB, that happens to already be in position for the sack....
Old 10-16-2012, 02:16 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8
When I get home from work in the morning I check this and let u know..
Old 10-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #5
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

It's playing a wiff or missed hit stick animation you have to be careful with the right stick.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 02:34 AM   #6
Banned

californ14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
It's playing a wiff or missed hit stick animation you have to be careful with the right stick.

I have been concentrating on being careful with my right stick; I am wondering if maybe the system lags in registering right stick actions? So when I do my last swim or bull rush move that breaks me free to rush the QB, the system is a right stick twitch or two behind what I am seeing on screen and then registers a right stick twitch as I am actually just left stick rushing my DL man to sack the QB?

In case it may matter: I am on a PS3....
Old 10-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Pretty sure its the hit stick causing this. It's the main reason I hardly ever rush the QB. Guess I always hit it 1 too many times and usually get the "whiff". Or u can hit it too early. Or you can come off your block unexpectedly while using it and u will always be taken out of the play.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Its the right stick, you need to flick it to get past lineman. What's happeneing is you hold it for too long withour even realizing it and the game is reading it after you have beaten your blocker.

So, you are past your blocker and the game is still getting the RS input which is hit stick. After two or three steps if you have not hit anything you get the stumble animation.

Just flick it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »