Home

Tips on shooting releases please

This is a discussion on Tips on shooting releases please within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tips on shooting releases please

Like how do you guys master shooting releases in 2k13. It's so hard this year to play because most of my offense online and offline revolves jumpshooting and fadeaways and pull up jumpers. Prior to 2k12 i didn't have to practice at all with a player. I knew that once i saw the ball over the jump shooters forehead that was the time to let go of the shooting button. But now it's so weird and inconsistent for me. Any tips on mastering shooting releases
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Tips on shooting releases please

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan16
Like how do you guys master shooting releases in 2k13. It's so hard this year to play because most of my offense online and offline revolves jumpshooting and fadeaways and pull up jumpers. Prior to 2k12 i didn't have to practice at all with a player. I knew that once i saw the ball over the jump shooters forehead that was the time to let go of the shooting button. But now it's so weird and inconsistent for me. Any tips on mastering shooting releases
Get comfortable with one team. Go into Freestyle practice and shoot with everyone until you know their release points.

That's about all there is to know. Remember that sometimes you have to release the shot at a different point when behind the arc as compared to mid range.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

go to presentation options and turn on the feature to show shot timing. It will tell you if you're releasing too early, too late, perfect, if it was a good shot, heavily contested, etc. Oh and practice
Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Get comfortable with one team. Go into Freestyle practice and shoot with everyone until you know their release points.

That's about all there is to know. Remember that sometimes you have to release the shot at a different point when behind the arc as compared to mid range.
Eccentric? Do you think we should release the shot a little earlier/later when playing online? I use the Sixers exclusively and I'm always bricking wide open shots with my players when online but not nearly as bad offline. Having a hard time with timing online..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree with the shot feedback answer, it helps tremendously. Some have quick releases and others have delayed ones... Just keep practicing until you nail it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

thats one of the great things of this game is that just like real life everybody has a slight variation of their shot..
the best way to learn is by playing time and just getting used to each players shooting strengths..

you can also use the shot feedback which can be turned on and shows release timing and shot grade, but personally ive never trusted this and have just gone with my instincts..

pick a team and use them consistently to learn not just about their shot releases but also hot & cold spots on the court which each player has (including your mycarreer player)
Old 10-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

i go to the practice and shot all day with each player to no there timing thats what i do with every 2k game
Old 10-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
Rookie

johhnywave's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, online drives me nuts. I have guys down pact offline and then I go online and I miss every wide open mid j.

I don't get it...

Should I hold the release as if it were offline, despite the animation lagging behind? I do that and I miss.

Should I hold the release as the animation shows on the screen?
I do that and I miss.

Terrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »