Home

what does the size trait count for?

This is a discussion on what does the size trait count for? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
what does the size trait count for?

First of all i have noticed that the size trait seems unconnected from size. I have seen 5-10 CBs with 90 size ratings and 6-1 cbs with 80s for no apparent reason. But at the end of the day what does it mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: what does the size trait count for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
First of all i have noticed that the size trait seems unconnected from size. I have seen 5-10 CBs with 90 size ratings and 6-1 cbs with 80s for no apparent reason. But at the end of the day what does it mean?
The size rating is calculated from the height and weight of a player while also factoring in the position and player type of that individual. For example, a Power RB who is 6'0", 247lbs would have a 99 size dating while a Speed HB of the same size would have a much lower size rating.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan887
The size rating is calculated from the height and weight of a player while also factoring in the position and player type of that individual. For example, a Power RB who is 6'0", 247lbs would have a 99 size dating while a Speed HB of the same size would have a much lower size rating.
Ok so that does make some sense. I guess if the 6-1 CB was a "prototype" then he would have a 99 rating, but a 5-10 CB as a man to man can still have a high rating. I get it. Still i dont get or see how any of this factors into the games mechanics much. But i guess it is a good start to the overall concept.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Ok so that does make some sense. I guess if the 6-1 CB was a "prototype" then he would have a 99 rating, but a 5-10 CB as a man to man can still have a high rating. I get it. Still i dont get or see how any of this factors into the games mechanics much. But i guess it is a good start to the overall concept.
It seems "size", "intangible", and "physical" don't factor into the mechanics, but the take into account the players attributes that matter most to make it easier to compare players and scout players
Old 10-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
I still feel they mean or effect nothing in the grand scheme of it all....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I still feel they mean or effect nothing in the grand scheme of it all....
Agreed, just helpful for the casual players and people who don't understand what each stat does or means.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

I have 5-9 180 pound players with 90+ size, but 6-3 220 pounders with size in the 80s. I don't understand it.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Size rating is tied to your scheme. For example, if you have your DT set at Pass rusher, guys who fit that mold ie 6'1" 295lb DT would have a high physical rating. Under that scheme, a typical Nose Tackle who is 6'5 345lb would have a low physical rating for you. In the end it all depends on your scheme.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »