Home

NHL 13- Mind of its own

This is a discussion on NHL 13- Mind of its own within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NHL 13- Mind of its own

So I am pretty good at face offs with sliders at 4. I tried it at 5 and got killed. Anyhow I am like 12/17 against STL and like ok this is a bit much. At that moment I could not win a face off the rest of the game. Sometimes the CPU just flips a switch and you are helpless. Strange game we play I tell ya and frustrating when all of a sudden your guys look like they are in slow motion no matter who they are. At the same time I think the game felt sorry for me and let me score 2 late in the third to tie it. Lost in shootout cause I have no idea how to score but whatever...

Sometimes I love this game, sometimes I ask myself, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE!?!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 13- Mind of its own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse79
So I am pretty good at face offs with sliders at 4. I tried it at 5 and got killed. Anyhow I am like 12/17 against STL and like ok this is a bit much. At that moment I could not win a face off the rest of the game. Sometimes the CPU just flips a switch and you are helpless. Strange game we play I tell ya and frustrating when all of a sudden your guys look like they are in slow motion no matter who they are. At the same time I think the game felt sorry for me and let me score 2 late in the third to tie it. Lost in shootout cause I have no idea how to score but whatever...

Sometimes I love this game, sometimes I ask myself, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE!?!?!
I feel ya, especially with the Faceoff Diff at 5. What works at least 50% of the time with the setting at 4, works like 10% with it at 5. I do just kind of sit back and wait for my goalie to stop a puck and then freeze it when it seems like I just can't stop the Cpu in my own end. At least that way I can get a fresh line in there and maybe win a faceoff and get the puck out of my end
Old 10-13-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

Difference between 4&5 in slider setting is huge. I use 4 in home games and 5 when I'm away.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
Difference between 4&5 in slider setting is huge. I use 4 in home games and 5 when I'm away.
I agree, Taku.

Yeah, the difference between 4 and 5 sure is huge. I wish I could set that slider at 4.5.

I like that idea of home/away. Cool way to make road games tougher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »