Home

1000 thanks to anyone who finds a formation that lets me handoff to Percy Harvin

This is a discussion on 1000 thanks to anyone who finds a formation that lets me handoff to Percy Harvin within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
1000 thanks to anyone who finds a formation that lets me handoff to Percy Harvin

I'm a diehard Vikings fan who just wants to replicate how effectively Percy is being used this year. All I've found so far are jet sweeps, reverses, and occasionally bubble screens to get him the ball in the backfield.

Team playbook, package sub, whatever! Help meee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1000 thanks to anyone who finds a formation that lets me handoff to Percy Harvin

The Dolphins and Patriots must have something. Against both teams i have seen their #1 WR line up next to the QB in shotgun. However, i'm not entirely sure I've seen the QB then hand it off.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 1000 thanks to anyone who finds a formation that lets me handoff to Percy Harvin

I'm pretty sure it's just random in the game.

Unfortunately, we can't put WR's on the depth chart or quick sub them in.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acera
The Dolphins and Patriots must have something. Against both teams i have seen their #1 WR line up next to the QB in shotgun. However, i'm not entirely sure I've seen the QB then hand it off.

An excellent start nonetheless! I'll start the scouring.

As for Acera? What do you mean by random?
Old 10-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

OVR: 5

There are some plays in the Vikes playbook that you can run with him when he comes in motion.

Check out my NCAA 14 UTEP Miners Dynasty! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-dynasty.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

I wish formation subs would be in the game still. Never understood why it went missing when I swore we had it in one of the games recently (can't remember which year exactly).

I'd love to use Randall Cobb sometimes on maybe a delayed pass out of the backfield in shotgun or on one of the delayed draws just to switch it up since I don't have a very reliable or speed back at all. They dev team gas done good adding things we wanted, just don't take away some of the simple things.

I'm stuck being torn to use him as my 3rd down back knowing on 3rd and 1 I will wanna run it, and I don't wanna leave him as the RB when I wanna use him as my 4th receiver at times.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Ashton313Kusher's Arena

OVR: 6

mess around with something like this....

go 4-5 WR....then audible to a Run play that has a FB....(usually this will cause 1 of the WRs to go line up in the backfield as a FB....then maybe u can audible to like a FB dive)

also, if u go 5 wide (with no RB) then audible to a run, 1 of those WRs would have to go in the backfield i'd imagine..
Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
Rookie

After spending the last couple hours searching, I've found a play!

Shotgun- Split Close. The formation allows you to sub in a WR at the FB position where a TE normally resides.

The play is Close FB Inside. WOOOO. Can't find any other formations in the gun to allow me to make that sub, so this is pretty significant for me.

Though formation subs are practically gone, thank god they still let us use custom playbooks online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »