Home

Realistic settings for MyCAREER?

This is a discussion on Realistic settings for MyCAREER? within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Realistic settings for MyCAREER?

I've played about 40 games in MyCAREER, and every time we play ANY team we give up at a minimum 120 points per game on like 60% shooting. It's insane and not fun or realistic at all, and I'm all about realism.

My settings as of now are HOF Default on 12 minute quarters. Anyone have any other combinations that have been working for realistic results?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Realistic settings for MyCAREER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
I've played about 40 games in MyCAREER, and every time we play ANY team we give up at a minimum 120 points per game on like 60% shooting. It's insane and not fun or realistic at all, and I'm all about realism.

My settings as of now are HOF Default on 12 minute quarters. Anyone have any other combinations that have been working for realistic results?
try using simulation
Old 10-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

I've tried HOF Sim, but by the end of the game every player has the gatorade sign and players like LeBron, Durant, and Kobe just start playing like scrubs, missing open jumpers, missing dunks, and having stupid turnovers. Really doesn't play well.

Any other suggestions, what are all you guys playing on?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm currently using Redlogic's 2k12 sliders with HoF changes. It definitely works better than HoF Default/Simulation sliders. I'm trying different approach though in terms of User Quickness (currently using 55-57 instead of suggested 65) and different Fatigue rate for User.
I think Redlogic's sliders are a good entry place where to start and then tweak it a bit to get a more "fair" feel of the game.

P.S. I'm still having trouble with the CPU leaking to fast break more often that I liked. Hustle for your teammates might fix that.
P.P.S. I'm also having quite a trouble scoring myself. I'm only 66 overall athletic guard so far (10 games into my career) and I'm missing quite a lot of kinda easy layups. Maybe it will improve with getting better shot inside/finisher/acrobat skills.
P.P.S. What I've noticed CPU is still getting too many points in the paint. CPU mid range/3pt tendency could fix that a bit.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Does sliders even work for My Career?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
Pro

There is a way for PC users to get custom sliders into MyCareer, consoles as far as I know have no way of doing it yet.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

Does ANYONE have an answer for this!?!? I can't take the CPU scoring 140 points a game on 65% shooting EVERY GAME.

Does ANYONE have a real answer as to what settings they use for MyCAREER that has been tested and validated that has the most realistic scores and statistics possible?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
Rookie

deathsai's Arena

OVR: 2

Not 12 minute quarters.
Tampa Bay Lightning
UCF Knights

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »