Home

CPU v CPU Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on CPU v CPU Simulation Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 5
CPU v CPU Simulation Sliders

Initial credit goes to ceejay314 who put together a fun set of sliders that can be found here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...st-update.html

Much about how the game plays is listed in the above thread and why it works so well. My effort simply builds upon what was done before and attempts to accurately simulate CPU v CPU game with realistic statistics. With these you'll see just about the most entertaining game possible with all the limitations and built-in issues inherent with EA. While it is not perfect, it comes reasonably close. I've tested with dozens of games, all in Dynasty mode and with different teams. Roster sets and coaching philosophies have a major impact on the game and you need to use those which are the most accurate.

*** It is important to note that this is only for watching a CPU v CPU game, and not playing. It has not been tested in Coach Mode, and the skill setting would need to be adjusted. ***

Hope you enjoy!

GAMEPLAY

Skill Freshman
Quarter Length 9 Minutes
Game Speed Very Slow
Player Min Speed Threshold 0

PENALTIES

Offsides 1
False Start 99
Holding 54
Facemask 54
Offensive Pass Interference 99
Defensive Pass Interference 1
KR/PR Interference 1
Clipping 99
Intentional Grounding 99
Roughing the Passer 54
Roughing the Kicker 1

SLIDERS

USER/CPU {same}

QB Accuracy 100
Pass Blocking 25
WR Catching 50
RB Ability 50
Run Blocking 25
Pass Coverage 0
Pass Rush 75
Interceptions 100
Rush Defense 100
Tackling 0
FG Power 70
FG Accuracy 30
Punt Power 65
Punt Accuracy 35
Kickoff Power 45

AUTO SUBS

Offense:

QB 85-95
RB 85-95
WR 85-95
FB/TE 85-95
OL 85-95

Defense:

DT 85-95
DE 85-95
LB 85-95
CB 85-95
S 85-95

Reasoning

Skill Level: Not sure why it works on the Freshman level, but it does. Will not work for playing or coach mode games. I would set to All-American if you wanted to coach HUM v CPU, but it has not been tested. This is for watching games!

Quarter Length: You need to go with 9 minute quarters. The average number of offensive plays per game in 2011 was 69.8. Texas Tech led the nation at 82.8 plays per game, while Florida State averaged the fewest at 58.6. So you really need 140 a game, not 120. 8 minutes does not give quite enough plays.

Game Speed: I concur ceejay314 who said, 'with his is solely for the animations, people like juice so they tend to play on faster modes but they miss out on animations they would occur on VERY SLOW, which in turn adds to the realism-you will see linebackers take read steps!'

Threshold: Allows for separation and this critical for gameplay. Many different opinions on this subject, but having it at 0 seems to work the best for this setup.

Penalties: A very twitchy area, it is not perfect by any means but does allow for some penalties without going overboard. About the best you can do.

QB Accuracy: from ceejay314, 'allows QB to make the throws he a can make as well as he will go through his progressions based off of HIS ratings... you can now tell the difference between and all-american and a walk on.'

Pass Block: Tried this a number of different ways, at 0 too many sacks and at 50 not enough. 25 hits the sweet spot.

WR Catching: I agree with ceejay314, 'allows receiver to be him, going up or down will start to make CPU decide what should happen vs. whats capable of happening. You still will see drops and great catches.'

RB Ability: ceejay314, 'game to play correctly this slider effects a lot so changing it changes the game it self, running backs will do what their best at ... watch BCV & AWR.'

RB Blocking: While 50 is the logical number, it yields just too much YPC. Putting it at 25 gives you just about the right amount, without crippling your running game.

Pass Coverage: As mentioned in other threads, this slider is inverted. So the lower is better.[/i]

Pass Rush: You've got to have it set this high to have pass pressure and any chance of blocked kicks.

Interceptions: Really about the only way to see some picks in the game. Works in conjunction with Pass Block and Pass Rush.

Rush Defense: ceejay314 says, 'd-linemen to disengage blocks and linebackers will be true to themselves, safeties wont know the play before it happens but react accordingly.'

Tackling: Having the setting at zero will allow for the QB to escape potential sacks and gives screens more bite. Also reduces the number of injuries.

FG Power: About the only way you can get the CPU to attempt any FGs beyond 40 yards. Otherwise they will just go for it on 4th down instead of kicking it.

FG Accuracy: Just about right, you'll see missed FGs and the occasional missed PAT.

Punt Power: Very important for two reasons, getting the statistics right and forcing longer drives in the game which reduces scoring.

Punt Accuracy: Mitigates distance and you'll see some shanks with it as well. A good reflection of the punter's abilities.

Kickoff Power: The perfect setting, you'll get touchbacks and kickoff returns taken back for a touchdown with this number.

Auto Subs: Currently being tested.

Last edited by vgunn; 10-17-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Updates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: CPU v CPU Simulation Sliders

Going to try these now that I can read them! I'll post some results soon! CPU vs CPU is the only way I can enjoy the game now. I just play "recruit mode" as I call it haha.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Going to try these now that I can read them! I'll post some results soon! CPU vs CPU is the only way I can enjoy the game now. I just play "recruit mode" as I call it haha.
I'm also going to give them a run ans see how they play in coach mode. Thanks vgunn!
Will report back results, once I play WKU vs. Troy (the Thursday night game).
jack
Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jack
I'm also going to give them a run ans see how they play in coach mode. Thanks vgunn!
Will report back results, once I play WKU vs. Troy (the Thursday night game).
jack
You'll need to move difficulty setting to Varsity or All-American. I prefer AA since that is the default level.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Coach mode and "Watch" mode are the only two I use as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
Coach mode and "Watch" mode are the only two I use as well.
Yeah, I'd play a text sim instead but this has everything I need simulation wise and it's nice to actually see my guys out there playing. I find myself yelling at my TV just like I would if I were watching my team IRL. haha
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

These def. should work in coach mode.

I don't see why these wouldn't work user vs cpu either. I'd try it out on freshman. I think I'll play a game with them as user tonight. Compare them to Fist's on Varsity and this on Freshman...
Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Seeing any fumbles with these and are the completion percentages normal?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »