Home

Wanna contain Lebron or KD? Here's how.

This is a discussion on Wanna contain Lebron or KD? Here's how. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wanna contain Lebron or KD? Here's how.

Tired of Lebron and KD abusing you offline & online. Tired of watching them online put up 20-30 shots per game while their teammates ave. 3 shot a piece. Here's how to beat those characters online who choose to play basketball that way. Yes, you can pick an upper echelon team too and battle superstars shot for shot all night, but if you really wanna piss them off this is what you do. Pick a team that has a Bruiser Signature Skill the more the better. I always pick the Wizards when I see the Heat or Thunder. Yes the Wizards, with the Wizards they have 3 Bruisers Nene, Okafor & Booker. Now Booker is the ideal defensive stopper for Bron & KD. He's quick, agile and can keep up with them in a halfcourt setting.

Now, here's when you play a game inside the game. First put a taller defender who can check Westbrook or Wade. Then you take that Bruiser and assign them to KD or Bron and bump them every chance you get. You pick that Bruiser and play off-ball defense, let the computer check everyone else. Bump Bron or KD even when the ball is not in there hands. If they like to turbo with Bron or KD even better. On offense every time down throw it to the post to your Bruiser back Lebron or KD down then kick it out and run your offense, before they know it, that Gatorade symbol will be up in no time. They will be burning timeouts wondering what's going on.

Test it out verse the CPU first till you get the hang of it. Be sure to take note how the CPU moves KD & Lebron to different positions to get them away from your bruiser. So make sure you switch the bruiser back to them. With the Wizards it easy with three Bruisers i just put in my Energy Drainer Line-up (PG- Wall, SG- Crawford/Beal, SF- Booker, PF- Nene, C- Okafor). I'm draining your SF,PF & C. You can't get away from it plus all 3 of my Bruiser have good post games so I'm still scoring, controlling the tempo and most of all frustrating the hell out of my opponent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Wanna contain Lebron or KD? Here's how.

That's cool and all, and imma let you finish, but what if we're playing MyTeam and we don't have a bruiser?

Lebron, Wade (who in the right hands is much more lethal than Lebron), KD, Rose etc.... will still dominant your team.

Its a good idea though, bruisers drain the opponents stamina and when players are tired 2k13 reduces their ratings significantly.

Fun Fact: If you ever get a roll with some players, (or gain momentum) the ratings for everyone playing will increase substantially. I was playing a quick game vs the Spurs the other day and when my brother went to th substitution screen Tony Parker's ratings were all green and he was rated 98 and Manu was rated 100 (yes 100 not 99, I didn't know that was possible)
Old 10-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2

Or you can just skip players who either choose the Heat or the Thunder altogether.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Beautiful, sadist genius. Wonderful post, OP.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
Rookie

pezone's Arena

OVR: 7

Who are some of these Bruiser players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
Pro

I'll NEVER understand why ppl act as if its difficult to win games against ppl who use "Elite" teams & or cheese...
I'll also never understand why ppl act like Superstars dont take the BULK of shots in real life...

In real life the ONLY ppl that are offensive threats on OKC are Harden. Westbrook & KD...
Shooting 30 times with KD/Westbrook/Harden or Lebron is hit or miss. Just like every other player man...
Even against "cheesers"...
To not play against a team is all preference but its really not THIS hard to just win the game lol...
Especially against cheese...

All this strategy isnt needed...its a good strategy...but I think its just as cheese to play this way
Trust me...I get it...But just play with who you want/who you're good with man...

I couldnt imagine going thru all that in your strategy and STILL losing...
Point is. Your being taken out of your game...
If thats not how you like to play or would play...I'd suggest not playing out of character...
You'll most likely lose faster...or not enjoy the game as much as the person you're playing

Some ppl play the game how they wish...
The main objective is to HAVE FUN...and/or WIN the game...
Old 10-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
Banned

There is no tip to good cheesers, Defense is not that great, So your only chance is to out score him or keep up to their pace. That tips will work against causal/scrubs though
Old 10-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
I'll NEVER understand why ppl act as if its difficult to win games against ppl who use "Elite" teams & or cheese...
I'll also never understand why ppl act like Superstars dont take the BULK of shots in real life...

In real life the ONLY ppl that are offensive threats on OKC are Harden. Westbrook & KD...
Shooting 30 times with KD/Westbrook/Harden or Lebron is hit or miss. Just like every other player man...
Even against "cheesers"...
To not play against a team is all preference but its really not THIS hard to just win the game lol...
Especially against cheese...

All this strategy isnt needed...its a good strategy...but I think its just as cheese to play this way
Trust me...I get it...But just play with who you want/who you're good with man...

I couldnt imagine going thru all that in your strategy and STILL losing...
Point is. Your being taken out of your game...
If thats not how you like to play or would play...I'd suggest not playing out of character...
You'll most likely lose faster...or not enjoy the game as much as the person you're playing

Some ppl play the game how they wish...
The main objective is to HAVE FUN...and/or WIN the game...
It's not real life. It's a game, set on the second to the easiest difficulty.

The problem is: Online, the game it on Pro with Default slider settings. The superstar players are almost unstoppable.

It is pretty easy for players to shoot 57% +or- 10% with their superstar players. Usually when this happens, the other team loses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »