Home

Batman: Arkham Origins

This is a discussion on Batman: Arkham Origins within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Batman: Arkham Origins

I know these are just rumors, but I was wondering what you guys thought of some of the rumors that the next Batman game is going to be a prequel and that it will take place in the Silver Age of the Batman Comics (1950-70s).

It's believed the game may focus around Batman's first encounter with the Joker, but Mark Hamill has said he will not return to the prequel to voice the Joker. On top of that, it's been said that Superman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman will be in the game as well, possibly setting up for a new Justice League game.

What are your guys thoughts on this possible turn in the game?

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Next Batman A Prequel? Possible Justice League Future?

I like Batman as a stand alone game, but I couldn't care less about the Justice league. I'll buy pretty much anything Batman related, though.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
MVP

bigbob's Arena

I wouldn't mind members of the Justice League being in the game, but don't make it about them. Don't make a Batman game whenever it's not mostly about him. Not to get too off-topic, but it's how I feel about Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

I just don't want them to get too far away from the Gameplay and how they built up Asylum and City.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #4
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

The rumors are true... Its called LEGO Batman 2...

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 10-09-2012, 02:23 AM   #5
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
This has nothing to do with the LEGO series.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
I liked how JLA was implemented in that. Obviously it was more or less a bait and switch, but they didn't steal the show and Supes scenes were hilarious.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Not a comic book fan but this would mean the game would be a bit more campy, right?

If so, I have faith in the team behind the Batman games to come thru. Campy can be good if done right.

If doing a Batman prequel is how I'm going to be able to play as Superman in a good game than I'm all for it.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Not a comic book fan but this would mean the game would be a bit more campy, right?

If so, I have faith in the team behind the Batman games to come thru. Campy can be good if done right.

If doing a Batman prequel is how I'm going to be able to play as Superman in a good game than I'm all for it.
I think they would stick with the dark way they have the game going now, just focused around things that happened around that time period of the comics. They brought up the use of Batman, how he'd go into space and fight aliens. Things like that.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »