Home

Will you Continue to Buy 2k Basketball IF Editing Options are Gone?

This is a discussion on Will you Continue to Buy 2k Basketball IF Editing Options are Gone? within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Will you Continue to Buy 2k Basketball IF Editing Options are Gone?

I am posting this in Roster thread, because we are the guys this has effected. My question is will you continue to purchase 2k Basketball Games if they keep removing Editing Options? In 2 years will we even be able to Change ratings or Add Players? I just wanted to get an idea if I am ALONE in saying if the Trend continues I will NOT buy 2k in the future. No spamming, i am looking for good feedback with this. Maybe if enough actually voice concerns 2k will see the People who Make Custom Rosters and the People who USE Custom Rosters is BIGGER than they think.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
Nope. Call me crazy, but for me editing is as enjoyable as playing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Pro

Thelorn's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Will you Continue to Buy 2k Basketball IF Editing Options are Gone?

Between the complaints on here and the huge failure that was removing editing from Madden only to patch it back in I don't think 2k would be that dumb. Then again, I'm surprised everyday.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

Absolutley not.

1. I have been editing NBA games ever since the option to edit was implemented way back in live 95. [from memory] Actually before that with "tv sports basketball". It has become a compulsion. Possibly unhealthy , [Just ask the wife], in fact I have taken 2 precious days of annual leave just to edit this damn game, much to my wifes disgust.
I do wish that the default rosters didnt need so much work year in year out. I was hoping 2k13 was going to be a real simple comb over. but alas. it never is with these damn games.

2. The rosters suck out of the box. plain and simple. They always have to be improved for the single player gamer. Hum vs Hum guys wouldnt need the adjustments as much, But for single player gamers. The default rosters are generally terrible.

The day editing options are taken out of NBA games. is the day I retire from NBA gaming. [probably a good thing for my [and my wifes] mental health.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Bring NBA Live back! Seriously that game had a global edit function and I loved it.

If you took a look at how many dl's there were on 2k share of roster slider draft classes and players dnas you'd think theyd offer us even MORE this year?

I'm gutted by alot of the issues BUT we have been SPOILED by hex editing ON consoles lately esp with nba 2k12. putting our faith into re editor etc to play the game. Honestly the game shouldnt need that MUCH freaking tweaking LOL

I want editing option in because thats how i play the game that is part of the experience.

My fun is in crunch the speed attributes etc its a personal want and need
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

i agree that sometimes editing can be just as fun as playing however i'd rather have a game that cannot be edited rather than no nba game at all.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
I will not buy anymore, starting with 2k13. Plus, I spent some 8 months editing 2k12. I just got that one where I want it.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 33

Without editing options at all, I wouldnt buy the game for sure ... unless I somehow manage to get a hand on a worthy computer ... then I would probably buy a pc version just because of mods and such tools made by the community ... if not, I still keep 2k11, 2k12 and 2k13 to satisfy my need for virtual basketball.

What made 2k what it is today is that they gave us the options to make the game fit our own unique perception of the NBA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »