Home

Manager "Schemes" in 13

This is a discussion on Manager "Schemes" in 13 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Manager "Schemes" in 13

I absolutely love '12 but in '13 I hope they add something like a manager scheme section where we could set shifts prior to the game. Infield shifting has become a huge part of the game today. Joe Maddon and the Rays shift nearly every hitter. I know you can shift in-game before an at bat starts but I think it is tedious. I think it would be great in next years edition if you could set shifts in general. When hitting select in game you get a little spray chart of where the hitter hits the ball by direction, it would be great to be able to say that if any player hits the ball up the middle or to the right side greater than 65% of the time we will extreme shift right. Or when up 1 run in 8th or 9th play no doubles (outfield deep, guard the lines). I realize much of this can be done right now but its tedious and the ability to make more comprehensive changes to your defensive shifts would bring a lot to the game. Thoughts on defensive shifts in '12 and your hopes for future installments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
Rookie

KyleY12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Manager "Schemes" in 13

I'm pretty sure when you go into the defensive positioning or w/e it is menu, you have to option to set the shift to a full inning, 1 pitch, the full game, etc. Try setting a defensive scheme next game and I'm pretty sure you can change the length of the shift.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Manager "Schemes" in 13

I believe it's Knight that has expressed interest in this over the years... this can go beyond how a manager handles defensive shifts, and have manager ratings which affect how a team bunts, steals, uses the bullpen, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »